J.C

Question regarding classic insurance

My situation is that we came from Oz last April, I bought a Golf VR6 and insured it with Allen & Allen because they were the only ones to recognise my driving history in OZ, premium was £600,

My wife, who was a named driver borrowed the car and reversed into a 4x4 in a car park (don't get me started on that or how much his repair bill was) meaning `I lost my NCB, I got my renewal in £1180 for the Golf, havent tried for the C yet!!

so I was looking through a few posts and it seems that classic car insurance is cheaper BUT you're limited to 5K miles (or so)

Question, could you take out a classic policy and then cancel it when I get near to the 5K(after 6 months or so) then take out another one? If you can, then 2 policies = 10K a year,

In Australia it's the car which has insurance(CTP green slip) and not the driver, the driver then can choose whether he wants to be insured fully comp

this has the benefit that anyone can drive a rego'd car and be insured on it

My classic car policy is unlimited mileage, pretty sure of it. I asked to limit the mileage to save money because and was told not possible. I think i'm with footman james.

Um - not that same as my experience with classic insurers who all demand limited mileage - usually around 3000 miles a year :(

robbie r32 whose on here went over on his , they sent a letter telling him , he rung up and got it extended for a small amount of dough .

I'm with footman James but have an agreed limit of 3k miles. If I remember correctly an extra 1k miles was circa an extra £100 increasing at that increment.

Ive been ringing around recently, i think it was classic line insurance that offered me unlimited mileage with our me even asking for it