delfinis38

Delfinis38 Vr6

just taken a picture of the rado as it's out of the garage for a clean....

thought some of you may be interested.

(awaiting comments on the 4x4 offroad corrado look)

Very nice, but you forgot the door checks :hitler:

:lol::salute:

yup I know..... still on my tea break ! distracted doing work related things now :(

Glorious!! I do like a standard corrado, especially one in that kind of condition.

Just a quick up date as I've been having a play in the garage over the last month while the weather is warm... (car maintance is always put on hold during the winter, too cold for working on a cold garage floor :) ).

any way have been doing an overhaul on the brakes as the cars not been moved for the last 10 years.

new callipers all round discs pads abs sensor and bearings on the rear new hoses and pipes front to to rear. oil and gearbox change and plugs.

Wow have I really spent £700 on parts for the brakes... I guess the 4 new calipers must be most of that.... decided to keep the rear standard and not go the Mk4 route.

image_zps53116701.jpg

Home for the last 17 years !

image_zpsa575c9ec.jpg

yes sticky paper was removed from the rear pads !

image_zps6d951949.jpg

brand new speedline !

image_zpsafc64c05.jpg

Edited by delfinis38

Timewarp looks! How did you manage to find one with such low mileage then? Or is it just because its been off the road so long? Looks great :thumbleft:

Timewarp looks! How did you manage to find one with such low mileage then? Or is it just because its been off the road so long? Looks great :thumbleft:

Owned it since it was 6 months old. bought from main VW dealer with 5K on the clock in august 1996. garaged and used as a toy ever since, hence the mileage.

Stunning Corrado. And probably my fave colour as well. I'd kill for one like that with only 41K on the clock.

Get it out on the road and rip that asphalt up!! :)

Good work mate, had it really not been moved for ten years ? How did you manage to not want to go for a blast in ten years i cant go a couple of days

Hope the brakes went better than mine did and you didnt have any problems

Very nice, bud!

I was gonna say the same where its mucky in the door openings - lol :)

Not really mint is it, u got ciggie lighter missing ;) :)

Superb! Always wanted to buy a brand new car that I would keep for life and use mainly for high day's and holidays : )

No... Always remove it for some reason in case of electrical fault... Dunno why habit.

Cool

Any pics of engine bay and underneath ?

Waxoyl underneath?

Lovely car, got any stories or pictures to share from the day you bought it.

I would have loved to own one of these from new, just not sure if I would have still had it now if I did though.

Must have been very special for you to keep hold of this in such mint condition, for so long.

Lovely car, got any stories or pictures to share from the day you bought it.

I would have loved to own one of these from new, just not sure if I would have still had it now if I did though.

Must have been very special for you to keep hold of this in such mint condition, for so long.

No stories really... I bought this one, while I had my 16 valve and used the 16 valve as the daily in the 90's.... I kept hold of the 16v also in Aqua blue for a further 3 years then sold it with 30k on the clock. Loved that car more than this one it had recaros in it :) but glad I have the VR now....

I test drove a storm in the 90's. Nearly bought it but i found out it had been clocked... Regretted never kept the reg details of it... So their is at least one green storm about that has been clocked by 60k

few updates as it's summer tend to play in the garage a bit more.

just had a full engine service all liquids changed.

put a new ignition switch in, radio wasn't working with switched positive.

I reverted back to the old period sony stereo for about a week. looks good but sounds rubbish. took it out again and bought something modern that you can actually listen too.

got a broken bulb in the cigarette lighter illumination at the moment... trip to the dealer this week to replace with some under dash clips.

just bought a brand new set of OEM headlight protectors which have just fitted. look cool :)

intend to get some parking dings sorted this week, from the paintless dent man.... if the bodywork look fab after I might get my brand new set of speedlines on.

desperately need a set of roof gutter trim... every time I take the car cover off another bit falls on the floor. must be the weather the inner edge of the plastic is tacky.

starting to bug me.

toying with the idea of rear beam refurb.... need to look into the practicality of it.

intend repainting tank straps this week. and looking at mirror switch control.. think circuit board needs a bit of clean up. mirror movement is a bit notcy

Edited by delfinis38

New toy fitted this morning. Oooops upside down. But you get the jist.

Super sticky tyres or what.

Covers look good too.

just a refurb on the tank straps this week. Oh that puddle just water from the exhaust draining while cars jacked up..... next months projects new alarm and sort a few minor parking dings out.