fla

Forum Group-Buy:VR Stainless tank straps

Hi Hasan,

Thanks to Hawkwind I have now paid for my set of 70ltr straps. Look forward to receiving these. If you could mark me as paid up please?

Thanks for all your efforts and patience.

Cheers

Arrived safe and sound yesterday cheers. All I've got to do is persuade someone to assist me. I don't trust my Midland upbringing. I'm sure some BL oil seeped into my blood somehow.

Thanks again for organising.

Arrived yesterday and I will be fitting them tomorrow morning. I started to remove my old tanks straps this afternoon and realised my tank strap bracket was quite rusted, so have ordered a nice new shiny one off here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-MK2-MK3-GOLF-CORRADO-NEW-GENUINE-TANK-STRAP-BRACKET-GTI-8V-16V-VR6-GL-CL-C-/330987802792?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d106910a8

They are going to look so good once fitted, I just need to sort out all the other rusty bits underneath the car now!

Many thanks again.

Fitted a set of these straps to a customers VR6 last week. My client asked us to powder coat them satin black to give that OEM look. The straps fitted perfectly and sat well with the new retaining parts. Would be very happy to utilise these parts in future. Great to see independant manufacturers comming to the rescue of our Corrados , to cover the shortfall left by Volksawagen.

John, JMR se5y8are.jpg

Fitted mine this morning, perfect fit. They look much better than the old rusted straps and only took about 20 minutes to fit!

My old straps were actually not in too bad condition so will probably get them powder coated for possible future use rather than throwing them away. It brings abit of bling to the underside of the car too.

Thanks again. :)

Coming from the Midlands I tend to get hefty with hammers and spanners. Anyone tell me what the torque settings are for the bolts on the tank straps?

Coming from the Midlands I tend to get hefty with hammers and spanners. Anyone tell me what the torque settings are for the bolts on the tank straps?

25Nm (18 ft lb)

HTH

Is this still going and whays the crack with payment? Last time I looked I was in the last batches so had to wait?

Received today that was super quick thanks:cheers:

My pleasure. Hope you're happy with them.

Received mine yesterday too. Really happy with them!

Does anyone know where to buy the little bracket which holds the two together/on?

Received mine yesterday too. Really happy with them!

Does anyone know where to buy the little bracket which holds the two together/on?

It is still available at the dealers, around £3+vat Part # 191 201 661

Edited by BILLCOR