VR6 Gar

VR6 Gar's Flash Red VRT. SOLD

It was a Jetex filter IIRC rated to 400bhp+, it does look a little tired mind you. New one looks massive, wonder if they do anything for the RS.

Its quite cool that you can get the OE looking 16's on the car, bet they look lost in the arches.

Look's good that does :)

:thumbleft:

It was a Jetex filter IIRC rated to 400bhp+, it does look a little tired mind you. New one looks massive, wonder if they do anything for the RS.

Its quite cool that you can get the OE looking 16's on the car, bet they look lost in the arches.

Had a closer look and found it to be a JR filter. Not a well known brand but seem decent enough from their website. Like you said though it has seen better days and is pretty dirty.

Looking forward to what it will drive like on the 16's with winter 205 45s when I find some that are suitable, should make it a bit more forgiving on the rutted roads. Shame I love the TH2's so much otherwise I would be happy to stay on 16's for the better ride, they just look so much better on 17's though.

Bet that sounds nice , good colour match as well .

Not actually had it out yet but can't see it sounding much different to before. Only peeled to car cover back far enough to get the bonnet and drivers door open, lol. Don't think the cover has been off the car in over a week, bloody weather.

Plan on knocking up some shielding around the new filter so it only gets cold air when the weather picks up a bit, so not for a few months probably :p

Edited by VR6 Gar

Trail fit of the new wheels with 15mm spacers.

Even though the tyres are the same width they look mega skinny thanks to only being 6.5j as opposed to 8j and 7.5j of the Compo's.

IMG_3302_zps9e00cd28.jpg

IMG_3301_zpsfe8db3a5.jpg

IMG_3308_zps1f16f7cc.jpg

Never going to give up are ya Graeme, lol.

Picked up this off ebay. mk2 golf scuttle tray. Not a fan of the swg ones, prefer the OEM look. Will keep my eyes peeled for a lhd version so I can make a full length one piece version from the 2.

IMG_3323_zpscac661b7.jpg

This is how it looked in the ad.

_12_zpsa1620a5d.jpg

Was expecting to have to spray it black or strip it back. Turns out the problem was the guy taking the photo couldn't work a camera and other than being a bit dirty and faded there was nothing wrong with it, quick clean and blacken up using Meguires tyre dressing and it looks great.

Be interested o see how this looks when on Gar. Like you I'm not a fan of the SWG one as it looks too shiny and flat to be OE. Could you bang a pic up when you fit it please. Cheers!

Here you go Sean, need to trim a few bits and cut a hole for the ECU, easy enough with a dremel and small cutting disk.

Replaced the upper and lower scuttle seals with a new universal type that you cut to size yourself.

Also made a cold air box for the air filter. Not the prettiest but was rather awkward with the fuel pressure regulator being where it is.

IMG_3336_zps9400ecd6.jpg

IMG_3325_zps052ae540.jpg

IMG_3335_zps8afaab44.jpg

IMG_3331_zpsa94622ca.jpg

Edited by VR6 Gar

Thanks Gar that's spot on! :thumbleft: Think I'll get one myself now. I'll see if I can use a bit of heat and re-mould the part that sits over the ECU. If it fails, I'll just cut it out too. Thanks again mate!

Got a few pics of mine and Rog's together today at a local meet.

IMG_3340_zps360c7a8d.jpg

IMG_3344_zps22f15444.jpg

IMG_3343_zps30caa88c.jpg

IMG_3342_zpsbd46a4f6.jpg

IMG_3398_zps12ae9687.jpg

IMG_3368_zpsd414eab0.jpg

Hoping some of the guys who are really good with a camera got some pics of mine, despite not parking it particularly well for photos.

It's quite a weird thing with some of these cars having changed hands on the forum several times, you sort of forget who owns them but also gets confusing when you see cars that previously lived miles apart, in different regions.. I was momentarily looking at that thinking 'Did coulstar drive all the way down from Scotland, and meet up with Cazza?' before of course realising that neither car belongs to those folks any more :)

And funnily enough my car is currently running the gearbox that used to be in Rogers car that I bought from Cazza.

Looked great yesterday mate! Came over to try and get you to open the bonnet however got distracted, turned back and you were gone aha.

Took a cheeky picture on the phone mind.

C6FD97F2-FF2E-4710-9ECF-2AF32CAAB68B_zpsio2s1mbu.jpg

I think we are mere custodians of such cars, I always though of it as James car to be honest. Its great how it is still a bit of a sleeper.

Looked great yesterday mate! Came over to try and get you to open the bonnet however got distracted, turned back and you were gone aha.

Took a cheeky picture on the phone mind.

Didn't spend much time by my car tbh, should have left it open for a bit thinking about it.

Thought only me and Rog from on here made it, what were you in?

Heres one someone else got.

12276475894_a89a6f5003_z.jpg

Haha fair enough. Yeah saw rogers too, he was parked down near me. I was in my little olop. Only picture from it was on the way in (excuse looking like a mug)

1723556_10152174077173955_1655392688_n.jpg

Corrado should be at the summer meet ;) depending on funds that is...

Also my mate Laura has a picture of your Corrado too I believe

Hey Gareth, nice to meet you mate, sorry I shot off without saying goodbye but the wife had an emergency I needed to get home to (friend locked out og her car ha ha) car was looking stunning, I'm not normally a liker of red cars but it really works on yours, also the turbo install is awesome, you'll have to take me out in it one day.

All in all, a good day, only 4 Corrado's though.

Rog.

Hey Gareth, nice to meet you mate, sorry I shot off without saying goodbye but the wife had an emergency I needed to get home to (friend locked out og her car ha ha) car was looking stunning, I'm not normally a liker of red cars but it really works on yours, also the turbo install is awesome, you'll have to take me out in it one day.

All in all, a good day, only 4 Corrado's though.

Rog.

Good to meet you too Rog. Will have to do it again for the summer meet and hopefully a few other Corrado forum members can make it.

The homemade VRT badge is brilliant! I might have to try something similar.

Cheers, I think it's a nice little touch as 99.9% of people will have no idea what it means, only a few select car nuts will twig.

Cheers Jay.

Couple of little updates.

Bought a Momo wheel from OllieVR6 which arrived today.

IMG_3405_zps22a4c9bc.jpg

IMG_3412_zpse86357a1.jpg

Glovebox bulb is blown so ordered som new Festoon LED bulbs. Today the courtesy bulb arrived.

IMG_3411_zpscdaaa7a1.jpg

IMG_3418_zps4b66c53e.jpg

How it looks with the standard passenger bulb.

IMG_3426_zpsd2a8f1b6.jpg

Better safe than sorry, and I would be very sorry if the engine went bang:lol:

Never got the water gauge that I had lying around working so will be removing that one at some point.

Wheel looks ace :thumbleft:

I liked the Momo because I didn't think it looked out of place and because it's a 320mm it's the perfect size for looks vs ability. The 280's are a bit small I think.

Hope you put it on straight :lol: