mgbv8mike

VSR manifold

I've finally decided to sell my VR6 Corrado, and have removed the VSR manifold.

It's a long time since I've seen one advertised anywhere, and wondered what price I should ask for it.

I think I paid about $1200 to a guy in the USA in 2006, does this sound about right ?

Mike

I've finally decided to sell my VR6 Corrado, and have removed the VSR manifold.

It's a long time since I've seen one advertised anywhere, and wondered what price I should ask for it.

I think I paid about $1200 to a guy in the USA in 2006, does this sound about right ?

Mike

going rate is about £12.50

I'll have it:dance:

Been a few around the £900- £1000 mark from what I've seen, although I'm not sure any of them actually sold. Depends how badly you want it gone, and how much your prepared to let it go for tbh, but I suppose the equivilent of $1200 wouldnt be too far off mate.

So is this for sale and if so what is the price?

Sorry,

I may have posted in the wrong place.

Yes, It's a genuine Piebourg VSR with all the parts

I have not removed the top cover to check the serial number, as it appears to be a press fit.

Yes I do want to sell it.

I genuinely had no idea of the price to ask, I intended to put it on E bay once this had been established, I did not intend to start a bidding war !

Mike

The rules around here change a bit with regards to 'for sale' thread etc. The bulk of the rules seem to have disappeared altogether!?

Nothing's changed mate. It's all in the orange banner at the top still :D

Parts for Sale are open forums, and we encourage open communication. It is the seller's responsibility to update the thread with full details, including informing when the item is sold. The Moderators and Administrators cannot assist with any disagreements. You all have driving licenses, and therefore should all be adults. We hope you'd be able to work it out amongst yourselves!

imo, the first person to say "I'll take it", gets it, simple as. All the other folk asking questions and not committing need to form an orderly queue with their "2nd dibs" and so forth behind Mr "I'll take".

I think that's fair? Then if Mr I'll take it decides he doesn't want it, Mr 2nd dibs gets it, and so on....

BUT.... that doesn't stop a late comer PM'ing the seller directly and doing a bank transfer on the spot. We have no control over that. As we say, we leave it up to you guys to sort amongst yourselves. We can't get involved with financial transactions unfortunately. :)

Sorry chaps,

It was never my intention to get anyones underwear in a tangle over this.

Just to make it clear ;-

I was not soliciting bids.

I still intend to sell via e-bay.

Anyone who says they will have it without either seeing it , or knowing the price ....what can I say !

I'm not a regular poster on this forum, if I posted in the wrong place, it's surely up to the moderators to act accordingly, and either remove or relocate my post.

So... anyone who has contacted me with their e-mail addess will get pics and a full description , and an invite to inspect (Bispham, just south of the old TVR factory, outside Blackpool.

I will put a sensible reserve on it, and invite payment by Pay Pal (the fees...I know , but it does go some way to protect the buyer....as I can personally confirm).

Thanks for your interest and comments

Mike

Have moved and tidied the thread. Please add in a link to your Ebay auction asap, otherwise we'll have to delete the thread.

Edited by CazzaVR

might be worth forgetting this 1 m80 ;) lol

Putting the ad and pics together at the moment.

In advance I can send pics to genuinely interested forum members, if the email me at mgbv8mike@spamcop.

Will post a link as soon as it's on.

Mike

Putting the ad and pics together at the moment.

In advance I can send pics to genuinely interested forum members, if the email me at mgbv8mike@spamcop.

Will post a link as soon as it's on.

Mike

Email address is wrong?

I won't be bidding for this as it's now on ebay, simple as that, plus it's payment via Paypal.

Hopefully it will go to an enthusiast in the UK, time will tell and good luck with the sale.

I think the last one on here sold for 900 - 1,000 pounds.

[Thanks guys.

I only put Pay Pal to discourage scammers ...I've been had before.

Obviously if the winner came from a reliable source then they could pay how they wished,

Just hope it stays in the UK, but I need the funds for a new car venture, so cannot afford to be too pickey.

Mike

don't take it all to heart. Lovely as they are allot of grumpy old goats on here, Haha :dance:

Some real nice items for sale though man! im sure ill end up with at least one of them.

Sending photos of the big valve head to my mechanic as we speak.

[Thanks guys.

I only put Pay Pal to discourage scammers ...I've been had before.

Obviously if the winner came from a reliable source then they could pay how they wished,

Just hope it stays in the UK, but I need the funds for a new car venture, so cannot afford to be too pickey.

Mike

No need to apologise - I don't blame you at all! I'd never sell on eBay without using PayPal as my payment option (or cash on collection).

OK,

My back is broad,

If you think they are a load of grumpies here, You should try hanging out on some of the forums I visit, I've also got an MG and a MX5, you wouldn't believe how they can play up !

Definitely,

Mine was a 'L' reg coilpack car.

I understand that there are problems with VR6's with OBD2 systems, although I did get a piggyback ecu which was supposed to sort the problem ( that's on E bay too !)

I'm not being grumpy! It's totally your choice if you want to try and get the highest price on the world of ebay, ofcourse that's fine.

It's just a shame that you didn't set a price and advertise it on here in the first place, then it would have definately gone to a Corrado enthusiast and greatly reduced the chance of being scammed or let down by buyers.

The Paypal guarantee promises alot but delivers very little imo, I much prefer to do a direct bank transfer, no fees, or cash on collection.

I've heard of so many disputes with Paypal and Ebay recently and usually the seller or buyer looses the fight, despite the so called guarantee.

I'm sure another VSR will come up for sale again in the future, once an owner gets bored with it or needs the cash.

Best of luck with the sale.

Edited by Philstrm250

+1 /\

Sorry to derail the thread but I feel a rant coming on....

I've always used bank transfers. Obviously there is a (small) risk someone could do a runner with your cash and keep the goods, but they can easily be tracked down via their account number. Or if it's a high price item, go and collect it. With something like a VSR, you're going to want to make sure everything is present and correct anyway, but therein lies another thing internet shoppinh has spawned: laziness / unwillingness to travel.

People complain about being stitched up but it's easily preventable if you go and collect things in person. Good excuse for a road trip in the Corrado, no? :D

Paypal seem to promise total security and buyer / seller protection, but where is the evidence? I must hear of 10 complaints about zero protection for every 1 case where it's worked for someone. And I never get scam emails from my banks, only PayPal. PayPal to me has removed hard cash from this world and your money is being sat on by PayPal to earn them interest, so there are delays and fees associated in getting your money out the other end.

There was a case on a forum I use where an honest guy bought some headlights from ebay in good faith. Turns out they were junk. In order to get a decent connection on the lights for testing, the buyer scraped some green copper corrosion off the plug. When it came to an ebay dispute, ebay sided with the seller because the buyer had modified a "used" item away from it's original condition. This is what we're dealing with on ebaypal peeps. They are utter *******s only interested in profit. It's why I have absolutely nothing to do with either of them.

And, relax.....