Sign in to follow this  
B5VWC

Black VR6 - Rotrex - Mapping Update on Pg 20

Cheers mate same as - you got good numbers on sunday..

Good to see another rotrex setup theyre not bad little chargers - what you planning next? cams.

Yep 263's, some form of charge cooler and then tiny pulley :D

yeah the 263s should make a good difference we did a before-after just to see what they can do

what pulley you got on yours now, mine is 85mm which saw 17psi... 350-360hp was the target :lol:

yeah the 263s should make a good difference we did a before-after just to see what they can do

what pulley you got on yours now, mine is 85mm which saw 17psi... 350-360hp was the target :lol:

Im running an 80mm pulley on mine but mine is only the 74 as apposed to your mahoosive 94 so mine only makes 7 psi. I will most likely go for a 70mm pulley, not sure what it will give though, probs about 10psi perhaps?

Need some cooling first, cant afford a charge cooler setup at the mo as driving the car round europe end of may so im thinking just to get some form of cooling i will just got for aquamist to start with.

Seriously good effort.. must be awesome. Whats it like through the front wheels? Bet its ok actually because it doesn't give a sudden surge of power like a turbo might give?

Well done..!

Ben

Seen this car too - but didn't get to meet you on sunday for some reason! lovely car - was hoping it was going to the rollers though! :(

Im running an 80mm pulley on mine but mine is only the 74 as apposed to your mahoosive 94 so mine only makes 7 psi. I will most likely go for a 70mm pulley, not sure what it will give though, probs about 10psi perhaps?

Need some cooling first, cant afford a charge cooler setup at the mo as driving the car round europe end of may so im thinking just to get some form of cooling i will just got for aquamist to start with.

yeah you no point having chargecooler till you want the big numbers but then you need to strengthen engine/lower comp too and it all starts getting serious ... so up to 300hp should be good

Seriously good effort.. must be awesome. Whats it like through the front wheels? Bet its ok actually because it doesn't give a sudden surge of power like a turbo might give?

Well done..!

Ben

thanks matey its not too bad the peloquin diff helps and midrange isnt mental but still strong then after 5k/8psi it shifts hard theres only so much the gearbox/wheels can cope with prefer to get the power down and not waste it

Seen this car too - but didn't get to meet you on sunday for some reason! lovely car - was hoping it was going to the rollers though! :(

thanks mate - didnt run it as it was only on rollers a week before - at the end i did ask vince to run mine for free but he told me to fuck off :D

Likewise.. Bills cars lovely.. really love that car.. yrs is just nuts!!

Bally - and your ride too respect for a daily driver but looking better and better - you got any engine plans then???

Thanks bro.. yes engine will get just as much attention as the rest of the car :D

thanks mate - didnt run it as it was only on rollers a week before - at the end i did ask vince to run mine for free but he told me to **** off :D

LOL!!

Update after about 1000 miles and **** loads of V Power

Had a few issues with radiator & bonnet Cable but all sorted now

aPic161.jpg

aPic169.jpg

aPic204.jpg

Did run lean at idle for a while so really rough idle, replaced damaged maf sensor and added mesh to housing

aPic190.jpg

Replaced VDO gauges

2011-11-Dash.jpg

2011-20-Dials.jpg

2011-30-Guages.jpg

2011-31-Guages.jpg

They are Digital Dakota Gauges

Edited by B5VWC
LOST LINKS

Check out video its all about getting the power down

th_BOOST.jpg

2010-202-18psi-Boost.jpg

Edited by B5VWC
LOST LINKS

nice updates mate, really like what youve done with the rado looks mean and moody and its got serious grunt to match by the look of them videos.

are you at the ricoh meet tomorrow? would love to check it out in the metal, I missed out when i bought the speedlines off you last yr!!

anyway i think youve modded it enough now, so get out and enjoy it 8)

nice updates mate, really like what youve done with the rado looks mean and moody and its got serious grunt to match by the look of them videos.

are you at the ricoh meet tomorrow? would love to check it out in the metal, I missed out when i bought the speedlines off you last yr!!

anyway i think youve modded it enough now, so get out and enjoy it 8)

Alrite mate should be at ricoh 2moro yeah see you there

Been enjoying it for a few months now spend most days at the Shell garage too :)

Looking good mate, you got the Exhaust on :)

Not yet mate its at the garage getting the second lambda welded in for the wideband prob fit end of week

Hows yours going cant wait to see it pop over coventry sometime should only take you half n hour to get here :D

Looking good mate, you got the Exhaust on :)

Not yet mate its at the garage getting the second lambda welded in for the wideband prob fit end of week

Hows yours going cant wait to see it pop over coventry sometime should only take you half n hour to get here :D

That Exhaust will free up bit more BHP

Going very well mate, once you got this sort of power it starts to get mental :grin:

Needs some bigger brakes, everything comes up so quick :shocked!:

I was looking at this setup it uses 330mm APRacing calipers

MJMAUTOHAUS

$ Rate is good shipped to UK comes to £930 but add vat/customs, still AP are best, also will they fit behind your rims

I was looking at this setup it uses 330mm APRacing calipers

MJMAUTOHAUS

$ Rate is good shipped to UK comes to £930 but add vat/customs, still AP are best, also will they fit behind your rims

Thanks for the link mate, will be doing brakes next for sure

AP Racing + Pagid RS15 :notworthy:

You will p1ss yourself laughing when you stand on them.... just make sure no one's behind you!

Update.

Needed to sort a few things like tired valve springs (7500 limiter), better exhaust and dodgy alternator but ended up doing all this…

2009-020-Schimmel-BVH3.jpg

2009-021-INA-Tappets.jpg

2009-024-Schimmel-BVH-Build2.jpg

2009-027-Timing-Chain-Cover.jpg

2009-033-150a-Alternator.jpg

2009-033-Restore-Parts.jpg

2009-050-6Branch-Wrap1.jpg

2009-050-Test-Fit-6Branch2.jpg

2009-051-6Branch-Wrap2.jpg

2009-051-6Branch-Wrap3.jpg

2009-051-6Branch-Wrap4.jpg

2009-060-Exhaust-System-Build1.jpg

2009-060-Exhaust-System-Build2.jpg

2009-061-Exhaust-System-Build1.jpg

2009-061-Exhaust-System-Install2.jpg

Slowly did all the work over the last few months myself as there was no rush and saved some cash

It’s now back up and running checked everything over and its all good so happy I gave it a go

th_301VR6RUNNING.jpg

Will get back to you with Dyno Results soon

Edited by B5VWC
LOST LINKS

Saw it on the rollers yesterday whilst Doctor Vince was doing his mapping magic.

It's coming along nicely and is now the most powerful car on the forum I think :wink:

Saw it on the rollers yesterday whilst Doctor Vince was doing his mapping magic.

It's coming along nicely and is now the most powerful car on the forum I think :wink:

Yeah it made over 400 before this, but not too bothered about the peak power just happy its turned out well, learnt alot good experience

Should flow alot better now im going there 2moro to see how its done