Stonejag

Fog lights now obsolete - options?

Hi all,

According to the dealership, both early and late foglights are now obsolete. Which would be fine if a little old lady hadn't reversed into my car earlier and cracked one! :(

Venom sell the replacements by in.pro and also their own-brand style (which look identical) but I'm not a massive fan of the crystal look and I was really hoping someone did some OEM-style ones. If not I'll just bill her for some in.pros, or maybe swap them for the Cult Society inlets...

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Stone

Are they not available from classic part's?

Just checked passenger side late foglight and plastic surround yellow though in stock 136euro

Edited by clumpy1
update

Yes, Classic Parts have the left one in stock in yellow only, and the right one in stock in clear only! :scratch:

ARZ also only have yellow. They do have the fog inlets though...and they're cheaper than the inpro fogs, even including shipping from Germany. Think my mind's made up!

Stone

Why are the dealer's telling you they are obselete then? This doesn't help as people go to the dealer's they tell them obselete so the part's don't get sold that are in stock at classic parts so the knock on effect is classic part's think mmm not sold any of these for god know's how long why Because the Bl**dy dealer's aren't doing their job right and they stop them getting produced :mad2:

Dealers won't supply parts via Classic Parts. Classic Parts is a private company as far as I'm aware and not part of VAG....

Classic Parts are indeed part of VAG and if you live in Germany (and the USA I think) you can order from Classic Parts via your dealer. However it seems VW UK are completely oblivious to this and have done nothing to help facilitate setting up the scheme here in the UK. They want us to buy new cars.. Not keep old ones on the road!

Indeed, if anything I need is unavailable from vw themselves my parts guy orders it from classic parts then delivers it to me at exactly what it costs him. Some dealers just do not care about promoting this service though as see it as nit picking and hard work. :(

Classic parts are part of VW and a dealer should be able to supply through them and order, but they may not want to if they are lazy. Here in Ireland it's no problem. ETKA even has listings for classic parts. Don't believe everything they tell you - if they won't play nice it's very easy to order from Classic Parts in Germany directly.

Here you go they are only listing the right hand side I would send them an email enquiry they are also listing yellow one's.http://shop.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/vwcp/Scirocco-Corrado/Corrado/Elektrik/Beleuchtung/Halogennebelscheinwerfer-9.html

In my newbie frenzy I've failed to notice that this original thread was for early fogs. I've got a vr6 so I think I need a later model light. Bit the help is appreciated.

Depends what year your Vr is . Early stuff started to change in 93 . If you look at say , the headlights for example they are set back further than later models .

Ah, well I got a 95 so I guess I'll be needing different ones. Glad I noticed now!

Just been looking at yellow ones. I like the look but think I'll stick with the clearish ones I have.

Need to fix an indicator too that has cracked.

Is it best to swap out the unit or just replace lenses?

I just assumed you were after early one's as like you say the original thread was for early fog's late ones are also available from classic parts but i think only one side is available.For a pair of late fog's/indicator's used you would expect to pay up to around £150 obviously depending on condition,you might be better off looking in the breaking section.Replacement lenses are not an option as they are no longer available.

Cheers for all the advice, I'm showing my inexperience with my Raddo but I'm learning! There's a few things I'd like to get done to it but it's mainly aesthetics at the mo, so there's no rush.

That amount doesn't seem to crazy anymore after buying a pair of slot window seals, they were £116. So four lights sounds like a bargain and it will definitely make me smile!

I'll have a look and see what I can I find.

Have you swapped the lights out before, does the bumper need to come off?

Bumper doesn't need to come off bud. Lever indicators out from fog side using flat blade. This exposes 4 screws.