A discussion about a track day has kicked off in my member's gallery, and whilst I don't mind that, I thought I'd start a new thread for those who haven't looked at mine. Easier to keep tabs on any plans too!

Quick summary is that, after the National Day, a few people seem to be keen on taking their Corrado out on track again. Castle Combe has been suggested, and whilst I'd prefer it since it's fairly close to me, I appreciate that it's quite a long way south! Oulton Park, Donington and Cadwell have also been suggested. I think a few people would want to do some work on their cars (brakes, wheels etc.) before going out again so I don't suppose it will happen for a fair few weeks but I think it's a great idea! Anyone else interested? Any other circuit suggestions?

I'm in, and those circuits sound good. Maybe look at a few dates and create a poll?

I'd be up for a go as long as we have instructors and tiered driver levels. Rockingham, Bedford airdrome or Brands Hatch spring to mind.

I might be interested, main reason i didn't have a go last week was didn't want to risk my rx2's.I could bolt my speedlines on & feel much happier.Castle Combe would suit me & Brands looks a great circuit.Appreciate location might not suit everyone though.

Yup, as mentioned in your thread I'd be keen. Although a few weeks time may be a bit soon for me. I appreciate its coming toward the end of the decent weather though and summer time will be over before we know it, so time is of the essence.

Perhaps an annual Forum AND Club event that could be incorporated into a large meet/show of some kind? A National/Anniversary day with free muggets every year!!!! :grin:

Im keen , need to clear some dept first and then do my brakes and get some tyres sorted , even if i couldnt take part id probably attend as long as its not to far away , castle combe for me would be to far as its 150 quid petrol hust to go there and back

Im keen but places like Brands etc are a long long way for me. Thats why I suggested Oulton etc as they are relatively central (for you guys). Im afraid this will not be cheap folks, you are probably looking at about £150 for a day I would say. Then there is petrol etc as well although I only used about half a tank for a full day on Sat.

Dont worry about weather as its good fun in the wet as well sliding about. In fact it evens things up a little.

Yeah, oulton and donnington are good choices I think. Bedford and snetterton are my closest but I think middle of the country is good. I'm happy to travel a bit.

If we can get a decent size group I know places like msv (oulton, snetterton, brands, cadwell) do group discounts.... Which is nice.

I reckon I'd be up for this, yes :) Fairly flexible on location.. and think I'm up for something a little further north to give the Scottish guys a shout.

Would be a 4 hour drive for the southern folks.. I think any further north would just be unattractive for them. We may have to accept that one single track day for Corrado owners isn't practical with the distances involved here and maybe have to organise a couple based on demand / interest.

I can see both sides of the coin here. I've been thinking a bi-annual track day so we could do different circuits as well as it being more appealing to the Northern/Southern folk. Problem with this is that in a couple of years time (even months once all the enthusiasm has worn off and dark days come), it will end up being an event with half a dozen cars doing it, and those on the commitee would have spent a lot of time and effort organising it for less than half the people you'd get at a regional VW meet. Like I mentioned in the previous post, the annual National Day would be an ideal opportunity to get everyone together for such an event. Being held at a track would also add a little more to the day/experience too!

Yeah it is best to involve it in another thing to ensure numbers but I think looking for an existing trackday that is being run is the best idea then seeing if we can get a good number of cars along to that particular date. That way any organisation is taken out of it and everyone is responsible for thier own booking.

---------- Post added at 1:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:06 PM ----------

or lets try and get a Ring/Spa trip organised for next year.......

Yeah - I certainly didn't imagine we'd have our OWN track day as we simply will not get numbers. Rather we'd attend an existing track day and just try and arrange a couple of sessions for us as a group I wouldn't be too keen duking it out with 911's, Impreza's, Caterhams, and generally far more experienced folks than me!

I guess we should find out what everyone actually wants (in terms of sessions, etc), how far they're willing to travel, etc.. I'd be more than happy to contact some of these places once we have some ideas of numbers and these sorts of details.

Open pit is the best then you can come and go as you please. Its not that bad with the faster cars on circuit they always tend to give you room/time and its easy to let them past plus its good having a target to chase. Sessions tend to be more manic as people are aware they only have a certinaly amount of time on track.

All sounds good with the level of enthusiasm so far.

Oulton park for me

Well you would say that. How far is it from you? Not far i bet.