andy b

a light polish just wont cut it for a concourse contender so full rebuild

ok it started as an intended project, although it was road leagal and roat taxed i cant help taking things apart

IMG-20130724-00360.jpg

i have proceeded to make a start on the car i will strip the car to a complete shell and get a full respray

IMG-20130819-00419.jpg

wipped out engine, i will be stripping this down and rebuilding it when body goes away for painting

IMG-20130822-00481.jpg

as the car stands at the moment, the only thing that will need replacing in the process so far is the rear engine mount and some vw cable ties

IMG-20130822-00490.jpg

the only thing i need to get my hands on is a bently manual, i was outbid on ebay grrr

i keep updating pictures as i go

there are a few copies of the bently manual as PDFs on the bay that are a lot cheaper and easier to get.

Good luck with the build

cheers as it is a storm I keep on telling myself to keep it standard but nt sure how tempted I get to modify

Lewes-20140316-00736.jpg

Lewes-20140316-00735.jpg

ok broken ankle at Christmas has slowed things up but i have started to carry on the strip, i will be getting my mate to build me a jig to rotate the car on, and prepare the car for dipping. I will then get a full respray and then a serious shopping spree :)

and yes the st500 is currently my daily driver need a vw back in my life :)

I'm always in awe at the folks who take on these sorts of projects, down to this sort of level - look forward to following the thread with interest :)

You have to admire the commitment!!! have you dared to set a budget and a timescale...

Good luck.

You have to admire the commitment!!! have you dared to set a budget and a timescale...

Good luck.

I have not set a budget, its just going to cost what it takes to do right but as a rough guess i think it will cost around the 20k mark. I know it will never be worth this much but i aim to make it like new and if it lasts another 20 years its cheaper than buying a decent car and will only ever increase in money over time and not decrease. I have two reasons for doing this, one i always wanted a corrado vr6 and i love restoring cars.

I have not set a budget, its just going to cost what it takes to do right but as a rough guess i think it will cost around the 20k mark. I know it will never be worth this much but i aim to make it like new and if it lasts another 20 years its cheaper than buying a decent car and will only ever increase in money over time and not decrease. I have two reasons for doing this, one i always wanted a corrado vr6 and i love restoring cars.

Great attitude :) Can't wait to see the progress on this one :)

update, steering rack removed, pedal assembly removed heater matrix removed, started to remove all wiring

IMG-20140411-00869.jpg[/url]

IMG-20140411-00868.jpg[/url]

next remove glass, then i will purchase a rollover jig and work removing all components underneath car.

i have also started acquiring bits on ebay so wallet starting taking a bashing:)

Good progress . I will be following your build . I always get jealous of people who have workshops or large garages lol . I would love to do this sort of work to mine .

Rob

i have been plodding along, getting the glass out was a pain in the butt, finished stripping complete interior. fuel tank is removed and everything else from underneath car needs to be removed. I have been working away from home lots recently and progress is slow but i never intended to rush this anyway.

IMG-20140810-01403.jpg

IMG-20140810-01401.jpg

IMG-20140810-01399.jpg

once i have the shell full stripped the bodywork will be started

now that really is a full strip down!

I hope you've labelled everything well :)

yes stripping down to the bare shell

That's commitment. Look forward to seeing more updates on this (as and when time permits!) :)

got the car to a bear shell, been purchasing nos parts from vw heritage, i am spending all my money on parts at the moment so will be no more updates for a long time. just spending time searching for nos parts. i have even got hold of some new beige trim bits :)