petemcr

Annoying drivers door handle

As I now have the corrado close to do work I thought the first job I'll do is the door handle, it never worked right, you sort of have to grasp it with your hand and thumb and push it to be able to get it to open, I purchased the striker kit to repair it but I've just had the door handle out and the striker seems fine

6aty7u3a.jpg

Am I best just changing it out for the new striker and seeing if I'm able to use the lock, or is there something else that can be done?

Edited by petemcr

Its worth changing anyway, but I don't think that'll be your problem. Sounds like the side bolt that goes through the door shut above the locking mechanism that is loose. When you pull the handle, does the whole handle mech pull out slightly? If so, I'd say that is your problem. Just needs nipping up with some threadlock and it should be good.

Its worth changing anyway, but I don't think that'll be your problem. Sounds like the side bolt that goes through the door shut above the locking mechanism that is loose. When you pull the handle, does the whole handle mech pull out slightly? If so, I'd say that is your problem. Just needs nipping up with some threadlock and it should be good.

Yea absolutely spot on, even then the door handle is screw is tight you can still sort of pull the handle away, that's basically how I've managed to open it in the past. What is it that I will need to do?

Make sure the central locking wire isnt interfering with the stricker mechanism aswell was the problem on my bros corrado.

No idea other than what I suggested I'm afraid Pete! Sorry!

I just really wanted to check what you'd originally suggested, you mean use some locktight on the screw that attaches the handle to the door to keep it tight?

Yeah I had the problem on my old valver. The screw kept working loose, and it would happen over and over again. I just put some threadlock on it and it solved the problem for me. You may have to do some sort of adaptation to the mech or door bracket to pull it in 1mm or so otherwise mate. Its the only thing I can really think of to help......

Yeah I had the problem on my old valver. The screw kept working loose, and it would happen over and over again. I just put some threadlock on it and it solved the problem for me. You may have to do some sort of adaptation to the mech or door bracket to pull it in 1mm or so otherwise mate. Its the only thing I can really think of to help......

Cheers man, I'm gonna get the striker replaced and then put it back in and see if I can get it releasing right and nip it up with some locktight, hopefully that sorts it

There is a White plastic piece that sits in the door handle opening in the actual door skin. This helps to hold the handle in place.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75628[/ATTACH]

Just found this picture of it fitted, I'm going up to take a look now and see if I can sort it out, hopefully nothing's missing that is needed but more than likely will be

Ok, so I don't seem to have the plastic retaining clip at all, hasn't fallen in behind the door card, does anyone know if they have a part number so I can order one?

357 837 242

IIRC about 25p,often kept in stock,as they fit other models

Cheers dude, I'll get to replacing the striker and hopefully never have the issue again