delfinis38

would you buy a yellow car ??

I've always loved nugget corrado's buy would you buy a yellow car ??? I'm thinking of a 2008 plate Audi. is it something you get slowly sick off. will I struggle selling it on ?

I've looked at a few Yellow cars over the years and really like them, I've never actually had one due to, I don't think you'd get sick of it, but it would be a much smaller market when coming to selling it on

Had one for 5 years in the shape of a nugget G60, loved it.

Easy to spot in a car park, folks don't tend to shove doors etc into it as it stands out and people shift out of the way on motorways when you are behind them faster.

depends what it is.. the rado gets away with being yellow, as do things like the clio 182's..

audi? hmm.. maybe an S3, not a Q7. :lol:

although the market may be smaller, it could be eager. When I worked for MINI, we bought a Gold MINI One Convertible for stock. I properly laughed at my sales manager for buying a gold car we'd be stuck with. I sold it within half an hour of it going online, to a couple from Scotland who'd been searching for one for months.

I don't like yellow cars but the road would be a brighter place if people were brave enough to go for bright colours instead of recession grey and silver.

I think I'd agree with the baron - something smaller (S3) or something sporty (RS4, etc), yes - I'd definitely buy in yellow. But something properly large & executive, would have to be a more classic colour.. black, silver, etc.

I think I'd agree with the baron - something smaller (S3) or something sporty (RS4, etc), yes - I'd definitely buy in yellow. But something properly large & executive, would have to be a more classic colour.. black, silver, etc.

quess I should of been a bit more specific..... S3 Quattro

I'm with the silver dark colour thing.... my other car is a Monza silver audi

Edited by delfinis38

My bro just bought a yellow car, certainly see it coming, i prefer the dark metallic colours though, something about yellow can make a car look either cheap or trying too hard.

20130616_153526.jpg

If I recall the VW poster advert for the Corrado when it launched in 1988 featured a yellow car (I think it was a G60) with some tag line about how your neighbour would hate you....don't know the exact words. Can anyone else remember this? Anyway I loved it and I do enjoy seeing Nuggets to this day. I agree yellow is better on smaller, sportier cars. I'd love a yellow Triumph Stag. The Audi S3 (Mk1) just about gets away with it but on a Porsche 911 or Ferrari 355 it looks wrong IMHO.

My first c was a nugget g60 & some days I loved the colour & sometimes I just didn't. As a result I didn't keep it very long & I struggled to sell it. My advise would be if you have any doubts about a yellow car then don't get it

My 'other' car is yellow and whilst humans don't always like them, the bloody insects love em.Park it outside on a sunny day and its covered in bugs ! LOL

Most cars no, but a nugget Corrado - definitely! Not sure about an S3 though - probably not for me. Though for some reason I don't think I'd mind a hot ibiza or cupra in yellow. I guess YOU'VE got to be happy with the colour, and not too bothered about resale value.

I had a yellow ibiza cupra before the vr. And if being yellow wasn't loud enough it had white alloys :-)

Absolutely loved it as did my mates (not so much the ladies).

Never lost it in a car park and people see you coming so get out the way on motorways.

However it took ages to sell on. Like has been mentioned it will only appeal to a small number of people.

I would definitely buy another yellow or any other loud colour car again as long the colour suits it.

I used to drive a yellow Ibiza...loved it - one of those cars you wish you'd never sold...

And I would roll a yellow Boxster, MX-5 or Fiat Coupe.

It may surprise you to hear I'm not a hairdresser though...

Aren't Yellow Cars for Gays ?? !!! :camp:

Signing off immediatly !!! (oh - and no offense to anyone meant - I have several very good gay friends !)

:-)

Aren't Yellow Cars for Gays ?? !!! :camp:

Signing off immediatly !!! (oh - and no offense to anyone meant - I have several very good gay friends !)

:-)

no they are rainbow coloured..... maybe a polo harlequin then :)