Roger Chatfield

The corrado forum and the CCGB

Ok, I'm new so please excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between the forum and the CCGB?

I've had a look on the CCGB and the forum section seems to be quiet compared to here, however is seems most members on here are CCGB members.

What's the score?

Rog.

Forum for web chat, for sale stuff, ccgb for organised meets, show stands etc, ccgb are vw clubs affiliated and have public liability insurance.

Cheers, so how many members are there in the CCGB?

Rog.

Probably not as many as there should be......

Probably not as many as there should be......

Removed - I'm an idiot.. sorry..

Sorry guys, have I poked a sleeping dog.

You could say that :) It's long, drawn out, complicated, and discussed what seems like every 6 months :(

Edited by Jim

One is run by a team of jumped up little Nazi scroats and the other is the CCGB...

For a second I thought you were on about ClubGTI! This place is nirvana in comparison to the politics on there!

Jim's stupid rant

I didn't read that as critical in any way Jim :shrug:

Edited by Jim

I didn't read that as critical in any way Jim :shrug:

Ah - well in that case I apologise. Just on the defensive as these threads always seem to descend into a slanging match. Apologies tonytiger!

Ah - well in that case I apologise. Just on the defensive as these threads always seem to descend into a slanging match. Apologies tonytiger!

Well don't know what I missed, so no apology necessary! I understand the defensiveness as I know what usually happens in such threads.

But to clarify, I simply meant I thought there were plenty people active on this forum who aren't current members of the ccgb. And for such a small cost (must be the equivalent of 2.5 gallons of petrol) I can't understand why not.

When I first bought a Corrado I couldn't see the benefit of the CCGB but joined anyway "just in case". Since then I wouldn't be without my membership. Part of owning the car is the fantastic community around it of meeting up regularly with people you get to know. For example I've had my car parked on the Brooklands banking with 52 other cars, taken the car out on the Castle Combe race track, etc, etc.

But I will also add that I also voluntariy pay a couple of pounds a month into the Corrado forum as well. While it's not a club in the same way they compliment each other and I feel it's only right that the forum gets something in return too.

In short... join the CCGB and donate a few shackles to the forum too :)

In short... join the CCGB and donate a few shackles to the forum too :)

and neither require you to actually have a Corrado :D

and neither require you to actually have a Corrado :D

In fact it's probably advisable not to.

You'll save thousands.

Buy a Clio.... Don't think so...lol

Cheers for the input guys, signed up to CCGB last night, know what you mean about saving thousands, as admin over on CRX-UK I know the value of a good owners club and forum.

This place and CCGB seem like a nice friendly and helpful place, I just need a Corrado now... ;)

Rog.

Buy a Clio.... Don't think so...lol

Cheers for the input guys, signed up to CCGB last night, know what you mean about saving thousands, as admin over on CRX-UK I know the value of a good owners club and forum.

This place and CCGB seem like a nice friendly and helpful place, I just need a Corrado now... ;)

Rog.

DO YOU HAVE A CRX? I freeking love those things!!

if you do have one.... what are you doing on the 27th? haha

DO YOU HAVE A CRX? I freeking love those things!!

Yes mate, had a couple now, been into CRX's for over 10 years and I'm part of the admin team on the CRX forum.

Awesome little cars, little bit quirky as well so the normal 'chav factor Honda yoof init' brigade tend to steer clear of them.

My current is a very tatty jap import Si which I picked up for very little money, total rot box with a knackered engine, I've welded it solid with the idea of using it for track day fun but tbh I just don't get the time, in the last year I've only used it once on track and it's a bit loud for day to day use.

My previous CRX was my baby, I had it over 8 years and did the lot to it, ending up being a 200 bhp turbo charged beast and was minty mint... But I got bored of it and tbh the whole Honda scene, hence why I'm here. Always liked the Corrado and now is the time for me to get one.

Rog.

Yes mate, had a couple now, been into CRX's for over 10 years and I'm part of the admin team on the CRX forum.

Awesome little cars, little bit quirky as well so the normal 'chav factor Honda yoof init' brigade tend to steer clear of them.

My current is a very tatty jap import Si which I picked up for very little money, total rot box with a knackered engine, I've welded it solid with the idea of using it for track day fun but tbh I just don't get the time, in the last year I've only used it once on track and it's a bit loud for day to day use.

My previous CRX was my baby, I had it over 8 years and did the lot to it, ending up being a 200 bhp turbo charged beast and was minty mint... But I got bored of it and tbh the whole Honda scene, hence why I'm here. Always liked the Corrado and now is the time for me to get one.

Rog.

Are you aware of Hond-R tuning in Abingdon? the owner is a friend of mine! Well if you have a CRX that works we have a rolling road day coming up and due to some drop outs need to make up number... so on the of chance u may be up for it let me know! would be a good day for you to perv on corrados and get some buying advice :)