carrots

20v turbo gearbox

hi mate get g60 gearbox or 2.0 16v iam runing g60 gearbox and engina putting out about 270 bhp so iam upgading to lsd depends how much power u gone use . the two boxs r good for 230bhp and maybe more

I am using 02a box out of a 1.8 16v, but the gear linkage is a 02j version out of a Mk4 golf 1.8T AGU on mine and its running 225bhp

I've got an o2a diesel gearbox in mine (CTN) I'm running 262 bhp

Your gearbox will be a straight fit,but you will run out of gears !

i was going to use my 1.8 16v box but sounds like it wont last long then.just trying to keep cost down

If its in good nick,it'll be fine !

Trouble is 02a's are getting old now, whats the millage on the 20v box and is it cheap?

Mine was only 230 brake and I have broken the 16v box I had to start with and a diesel box, I now have a box from an AUM

ive not got a 20v box,starting to think i should of bought a complete running car then stripped the bits off i needed

I did have my CTN "freshened" up when I had the Wavetrac put in.and touch wood 2 1/2 years later,it's still doing sterling service !

I am using 02a box out of a 1.8 16v, but the gear linkage is a 02j version out of a Mk4 golf 1.8T AGU on mine and its running 225bhp

what clutch and flywheel are you using vw bobby

ive got an o2j box now,i am going to get a g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch next.what do you do about the slave cylinder and pipes

good cheers,what about the driveshaft cups also will my 16v starter work with it

Edited by carrots

get the cups from a 02j diesel box or some of the mk5 golfs use the 100mm cups, they are the bolt in type for these boxes not the circlip type on your 16v box, the cup come up on ebay but are usually expensive, I'm sure you could do a good deal at a breakers.

The 02a starter will fit the 02j box

Seen that before Ron, not cheap.

The 02s 6 speed from a Touran is the same design as the 02a/j and can be fitted with a little modifying