Hofmiester

£500 car race for charity - Finished car (PICS) ready to race!

UPDATE: - I have indeed entered a car now and we have a blog running here http://atomhawk.wordpress.com

Please take a look, comment and take the **** :) we need all the support we can get!

I am doing a charity rally from here to France next year http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/twin-town

Rules are that car must cost no more than £500! (this should be fun)

Will be looking for sponsorship later next year and hoping to raise £5000+ but for now we're looking for a quick car (over 150bhp), to start prepping over winter.

It can look a total state, we just want a base to build on. Ideally with MOT.

Anyone have a suitable car we can have for £500?

Edited by Hofmiester

Guy at works wife has a PT cruiser that they are getting rid of soon. Think its a 2.0 petrol.

Could ask for details, is in Harlow essex though.

Haha trust E-Gay T to lower the tone :)

Seriously though I appreciate the help but we have a team of four people scouring autotrader and eBay. My post is the try and find options that are not already in the usual places

No need for that kind of crap mate :scratch:

oh behave mate, its a joke!

and shut it bummiester! haha :norty::norty::norty::norty:

oh behave mate, its a joke!

and shut it bummiester! haha :norty::norty::norty::norty:

Ahh right, thought you'd taken the huff :lol:

Gumtree can throw up some unusual bargains, especially in the weeks before Christmas when people are short of cash. The plus side is that cars are local so you don't have to travel far to view cars.

Are there any car auction places nearby? This is where traders will dump low-value trade-ins.

You might be able to find something that is broken that needs fixing and an MOT for that sort of budget. A couple of years ago a colleague and I bought a £500 Saxo VTS which managed a couple of track days but required quite a lot of spannering to keep going. Big thirsty barges with expensive road tax could be a good idea considering the budget (V6 mondeos, vectras and lagunas)

Neil

94 Flash Red 16v (mid restoration)

good tip on gumtree and the auctions, just checked the web and there is a massive auction house near me!

Cheers for that :)

bca??

Thought so Ron I've worked at a few of them mainly Manchester. Some bargain's to be had there mate.

Car does look good. Spot on the paint job. As to your question about lowering the car. You have a lot of miles to cover so if it was me i would either opt for lowering springs or just run with the standard set up for reliability, but thats me Mr cautious.:!:

Edited by Ray1965