Andrew_LWSDesign

LWS Design - Carbon or GRP Tailgate.... Finally

Hi,

After a very long moulding process for a very complex part we are pleased to say we are now in final stages before full production of the Carbon Fibre Tailgate.. We expect this to weigh under 3kg and represents a huge weight saving when combined with Carbon Bonnet and Carbon Roof Skin.

Thanks to those who have ordered the tailgate from us for bearing with us during this very complex mould but nearly there and good to keep producing composite panels for your cars :-)

We have just posted a picture on our Facebook page as well as we will be moving into much larger premises in the next few weeks, the old unit... well to say it is cosy would be an underestimate!

In the new year we hope to triple production and slash our delivery times... 2014 is an exciting year and thanks to our faithful Corrado customers for sticking with us :-)

Panels available are: Interior Door Cards..front and Rear. Bonnets, Roof Skins and Now Tailgates :-)

The tailgate outerskin in these pictures has not been polished or had final trim but good to show you the work!

Also we have had fabricated the bracket inside the tailgate to mount the spoiler motor

IMG_5516_zps90bde8f1.jpg

IMG_5517_zpsdcc1c888.jpg

IMG_5519_zps7ea2a4f2.jpg

IMG_5520_zpsb6b5fdee.jpg

photo_zpsf76492f5.jpg

That looks really, really nice.

Got any screaming deals on bonnets at the moment Andrew?

Would love to see how different the Corrado feels with a carbon bonnet and boot, back to back. Nice work - boot looks amazing :) Hope you sell a few to make it worth your time!

I'd also imagine that with the weight saving you could probably switch to a single lifting strut on the rear hatch for even further (albeit slight) weight savings.

That looks really, really nice.

Got any screaming deals on bonnets at the moment Andrew?

Retail price is £640... If we can get a couple on a group deal happy to do for £550 delivered free to UK :-)

Pm me if you would like more details...

Agreed - the tailgate looks lovely and I'm sure it will sell in reasonable numbers but I reckon just about every Corrado owner in the country would want a set of CF wings to keep in a safe place should they ever be required!!

Heh - would love to see a standard ride height Corrado with replacement bonnet, wings, roof and boot - it'd look like a Golf Country 4x4!! :)

How are these tailgates coming along? Got a bubble of rust on mine which has been bugging me for a while now!

Any chance of a deal on a bootlid and bonnet?

Hi, yes all good, we are now producing them although they are one of the most difficult products!

Some pictures here :-)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=614316598603887&set=a.453680638000818.92538.437248776310671&type=1&theater

We are still clearing the orginal orders for the tailgate but happy to do a deal on a dual product... could you drop me an email on [email protected]

Also a write up here from the great JMR :-)

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77467[/ATTACH]

Edited by Andrew_LWSDesign

Just put of curiosity how much weight would be saved if you wer to have bonnet roof wings and tailgate ?

Brilliant product awsell mate hats off to you

There is a guy on face book who has a1 the moulds from lws and produces bonnets roofs and tailgate

Also think he does wings too

His name is Miles Turner

I bought a bonnet off him and its really good quality