Matt@OCD

Rottele Racing Uk Partner

This is something I'm really excited by, as I was building my Golf I found out about Rotelle (probably from threads on here) and admired the stuff they were doing for years, so I'm really pleased to have set up with them as their Uk partner for bringing their parts and services over here.

They really do have some great stuff, even if it's just access to NOS parts like CO Pot sensors and idle screws etc

Of course it goes without saying they've done the G60 world a huge favour by reproducing the G60 displacer but in a billet aluminum version so all the weak spots and downsides have been eliminated and the G60 can be pushed even further, but here's the displacer on our site

http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/products/cnc-billet-displacer-g60-g-lader.html

We're also now the Uk base for booking and arranging charger work to create G45 & G65 chargers

http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/products/g45-supercharger-conversion.html

http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/products/g65-supercharger-conversion.html

Finally is the holy grail of the G-Lader world! The G75! A completely brand new unit built solely by Rottele from scratch, all fully CNC machined aluminium parts, everything is new, both casings, displacer, main shaft, intermediate shaft, all that is re-used from G60's is the bearings, oil seals and apex strips, but this charger is finally out to buy and use and Rottele have had some great results from their testing, please do take a look here

http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/products/g75-superchager.html

Thanks

It really is! It's great to see what they're doing and I'm chuffed to be able to offer it out now, just want to build my Golf now haha

Any things possible Mark! Would be cool to see! Don't see why one with a large pulley for low boost wouldn't work.

Sean, yep, it is a lot, but when VW dropped the G60 they were retailing at £2,500, a BBM lysholm is almost £3,000, so for the amount of research and development and the hours these units are in the CNC machine for I think it's a good price, especially as they won't sell very many of them!

Remember all parts are machined from a solid ally block, it's not cast like the original parts!

G75 charger !!! shame it's worth twice what I paid for my car lol don't suppose anybody wants to buy a slightly abused kidney?

Don't suppose you know what kind of increase in performance you cAn expect from this Over a stage 4/5 g60 charger? Would it be similar just without the worrys of destruction?

Edited by bendunstan

Rottele have seen a 0.3bar pressure increase over their G65 charger! So I'd expect even bigger gains over a fully ported G60 charger!

With these it's not just the pressure increases though, it's physically the huge amount of extra air that can go through them. For example even if boost levels remain the same, you're still putting in a lot more air to the engine so you'll see huge power gains here!

This is their flow comparison chart -

G40: 566ccm3 per revolution

G60: 860ccm3 per revolution

G75: 1060ccm3 per revolution (23% more than the G60)

That's before you take in the extra pressure you can build up with them.

Obviously the main gain is that you're not pushing a smaller charger to it's limits too :)

They are mega money yes lol but when compared to a BBM lysholm, or new G60 from VW, then take in to account the hours of research and the cost involved in making them I don't think it's a bad price at all!

They make a demonic noise.

I'll never forget 2 of the my favourite MK2s from nearly 15 years ago. John Reay's Helious 16V Turbo (which later became mine) and Mark Harries's white 2.0 G60. They both appeared in various mags from that era, "Performance GTI" and "The Golf" IIRC, before they became bum wiping material.

Anyway, they were both Stealth built cars and the G60 had a 2.0 block with Ross forged pistons, piper 285 cam (IIRC), flowed head etc etc. The 16V T was a Turbo Technics kit brought into the 20th Century by Vince. Both were well over 200hp. The G60 just sounded like nothing else on earth. You know how you can pick out a tuned Ducati L twin with aftermarket cans from a crowd of superbikes? It's the same with the G60. A totally unique noise.

A the time I had a 16V with the 2 exhaust cam and WUR mod and made 152hp (more of Vince's fine work) and these 2 MK2s just pulled away from me like I was stood still. The G60 had the most theatre about it but the 16V T was the smoother, more refined choice which is why I bought it :)

Theatre, that describes the g60 experience perfectly although lately it's been more like drama what with my missing idle screw, appetite for breaking water hoses and developing a blowing exhaust.

I'd not give up my g60 for anything else..... Well maybe a g70!

Interesting about the smoothness, my mate has a 16v g60 golf and that is alot more peaky than my corrado. He does have nearly 100bhp more than me though so wonder if it's the nature of the beast the more tuned they become?

Edited by bendunstan

They certainly do become more lively.

You should have jumped in mine or Jon's at the rr day to see what's possible.

It would have only spoilt me, my plans have to be done over time as the selfish wife and children don't understand how important it is to realise my corrado dreams and demand money be spent on pointless things like the garden or the kids education or in Laura Ashley on furniture lol

Definitely should have jumped in though, mates g60 16v makes 250and it's not really hardcore tuned so would have been a nice comparison to see what yours are like pushing the limit of the 8v.

I can only imagine what a g75 on either yours or Jon's car would be like. Definitely able to turn your trousers Brown :)

I do keep eyeing the charger up as an option. Come new year my forged engine will be finished... Just need the rods to turn up and an intermediate shaft pulley then it's ready to go in.

Glad to see some buzz about them on here! I really do want to keep the G60's alive and I think tides will turn with 1.8T's, too much mess, don't suit the old bays and just as expensive to tune well!

It's great to see Rottele pushing the G-Lader forwards with affordable parts like the billet displacers and it's great to be apart of keeping them going strong :)

Theatre, that describes the g60 experience perfectly although lately it's been more like drama what with my missing idle screw, appetite for breaking water hoses and developing a blowing exhaust.

I'd not give up my g60 for anything else..... Well maybe a g70!

Interesting about the smoothness, my mate has a 16v g60 golf and that is alot more peaky than my corrado. He does have nearly 100bhp more than me though so wonder if it's the nature of the beast the more tuned they become?

Oh there was a lot of that with the 2.0 G60 as well :) The forged pistons made the engine sound like a diesel from cold, the boost hoses kept blowing off (I think it was a stage 4 job!), the Pace chargecooler wasn't very good and it swallowed fuel something chronic. Bloody fast though. I think it was around 245hp IIRC.

By smoothness I meant as in coarseness felt through the floor etc. It wasn't peaky though, it had grunt everywhere and lots of it!

It was good to see what could be done with 2 old favourites. VR6 and 1.8T conversions back then were silly money.

I think tides will turn with 1.8T's, too much mess, don't suit the old bays and just as expensive to tune well!

I have similar feelings about R32s not really suiting old VWs and yeah, 1.8Ts can get expensive when you want more hp than the standard weenie turbo can provide!