Did you and your mate's rent somewhere together? What was the rough cost's? I am itching to do it if I didn't have to fix so many little niggly bit's on my car (note to self don't buy someone else's unfinished car) I would have been there this year. Those tunnel's sound like fun :D

We stayed here in Portschach and it was excellent.

721E50D0-9C16-4E65-A261-C760B737F00E.jpg

I had a one bedroom apartment and my mates had a two bed apartment and they were €300 each for the week including a free Worthersee card which gets you into most attractions for free. I think all in I done about £1200 so not cheap, but you could do it for a lot less if you are careful/not stupid :lol:

The tunnels are brilliant but absolutely cane your fuel, as does the Autobahn

Edited by Jamie

We stayed here

721E50D0-9C16-4E65-A261-C760B737F00E.jpg

I had a one bedroom apartments and my mates had a two bed apartment and they were €300 each including a free Worthersee card which gets you into most attractions for free. I think all in I done about £1200 so not cheap, but you could do it for a lot less if you are careful/not stupid :lol:

Look's nice how long was that for a week? Doesn't sound too bad on costs mate I am stupid but can live with £1200 :lol:

Was over there eight days in total. The £1200 included the ferry, fuel, two overnight stops there and back, spending money and eating out every day. Worth every penny though :)

Was over there eight days in total. The £1200 included the ferry, fuel, two overnight stops there and back, spending money and eating out every day. Worth every penny though :)

That is pretty good value for a driving holiday as you have more cost's involved than a traditional holiday. Just need to make sure the car is ready now!!

Cheer's pal appreciate the info.

Anytime mate. If you or anyone else wants any advice on going - ask away :) Yeah it's not actually that bad bearing in mind we were paying motorway services fuel prices. I done two tankfuls while we were there as well just driving round and that and we ate out twice a day every day so actually thinking about it, it's not that bad....

Better spending it there than on some package holiday to Turkey where you will inevitably get some kind of food poisoning in the time you are there and spend 2 days glued to the toilet and get ripped off from every local at every opportunity :D

Better spending it there than on some package holiday to Turkey where you will inevitably get some kind of food poisoning in the time you are there and spend 2 days glued to the toilet and get ripped off from every local at every opportunity :D

Hahaha me and my girlfriend have just been "discussing" next year and it ended with me saying something along the lines of "Well I'm not going back to f@#%$&g Turkey!!!"

well I'm definitely going next year, booked my time off already, gonna organise a group of fellow dubbers, i know this will dwell down from a large group of 'yeah I'm up for that' people, to a much lesser number, its to be expected

hopefully the mechanics and the photographers that i know, won't drop out ;-)

but if anyones interested in tagging small groups together, like minded people and all that, travel down in a group and make new friends, all stay in the same hotel/area etc

hoping for first timers and people who have been before

we might even get discounts for group bookings?

was going to start a event on fb with minor details and add anyone who's interested, then ideas can be thrown around?

is that too optimistic

I am keen maybe start it on here and link other's to here? Mass convoy sound's immense

https://www.facebook.com/events/322217717929911/322224307929252/?comment_id=322309504587399&notif_t=event_mall_comment

here is the face book event, all jump on it if your on Facebook, or add me if you struggling, would also be handy to have people who have been before drop some info on the page? please

for those not on Facebook ill keep you posted

Dates for next year - 13-16th May.

Do you want to start a new thread for next years Craig?

yeah ill jump on after work and start one mate.....worthersee roll call!