Mccorrymark

What power do your corrados have???

There was thing on Fifth Gear last night, had a VR6 Corrado (very nice white one, looked just like mine) with 96 000 miles, Dyno'd it and was making 177 bhp, they then lobbed a bottle of Redex through it and made 184, then changed oil, filter (standard), new set of NGK plugs and new set of leads and was up to 189 bhp, (1 bhp below factory from day one) a real testament to how good the VR6 is and lasts.

Guessing there'll be a run on Redex over the next few weeks, that's over 1 bhp per pound, probs 2 bhp if ya buy it at Asda.

P.S. I was fancying a decat anyway, and would expect that would be one of biggest simple bhp improvements you could make given the choking nature of Cats, anybody know what BHP increase that would bring. My engine only got bout 10 000 or so on it, and got Induction kit and SS Exhaust CAT Back so should be 190 bhp at least, would it make over 200 with Decat? (Don't think Induction makes much bhp diff but does sound amazing! that really why got it)

I seen that on fifth gear a while back I used the red x in mine and put the 97 octain petrol and gt an increase of 7.6 now that was on a different rolling road and it was a much colder day so I don't know how much difference it really made :) as for decat my car has a full stainless steel exhaust from the cat back somone left the cat in for a reason I was told it prob sounded to rattly with cat out but I don't know

Just curious if anyone on here knows my car was English reg brought to Northern Ireland in 2007 k727*** folder full of history really well looked after just the body work isn't great lol

sigh, if only rr figures meant anything :lol:

Exactly, unless there on the same day, on the same dyno at the same temperature and even then all your doing is comparing to the previous run.

Made 230bhp but with belt slipping, should be about 250bhp....running a V9 charger and mpg is about 3mpg worse than standard owner average

There was thing on Fifth Gear last night, had a VR6 Corrado (very nice white one, looked just like mine) with 96 000 miles, Dyno'd it and was making 177 bhp, they then lobbed a bottle of Redex through it and made 184, then changed oil, filter (standard), new set of NGK plugs and new set of leads and was up to 189 bhp, (1 bhp below factory from day one) a real testament to how good the VR6 is and lasts.

Guessing there'll be a run on Redex over the next few weeks, that's over 1 bhp per pound, probs 2 bhp if ya buy it at Asda.

P.S. I was fancying a decat anyway, and would expect that would be one of biggest simple bhp improvements you could make given the choking nature of Cats, anybody know what BHP increase that would bring. My engine only got bout 10 000 or so on it, and got Induction kit and SS Exhaust CAT Back so should be 190 bhp at least, would it make over 200 with Decat? (Don't think Induction makes much bhp diff but does sound amazing! that really why got it)

Hmmmm, it's 5th gear, so pinch & salt spring to mind :)

Funnily enough, ~175hp is what a 2.9 makes when the cam sensor is disconnected.

Removing stock cats usually always blunts bottom end torque on a normally asp engine. They're only really restrictive at the top end where back pressure affects the engine the most. You might find 10hp with a decat and winding the limiter up a bit.

Before you spend too much money, 3.0 big valved, cammed and shricked VR6s don't make much more than 240hp.

for people with VCDS, I've heard that if you log the MAF g/s figure, then the highest reading is 0.8 of the actual horsepower,

I had mine RR on a VERY hot day and it gave a figure of 201 ( I have a 2.8 24V in mine)

The other day I logged the MAF and peak was 163 g/s which is 204 bhp (factory specified figure for the 24V engine)

Removing stock cats usually always blunts bottom end torque on a normally asp engine. They're only really restrictive at the top end where back pressure affects the engine the most. You might find 10hp with a decat and winding the limiter up a bit.

Before you spend too much money, 3.0 big valved, cammed and shricked VR6s don't make much more than 240hp.

The CAT could well be the original, had the standard VW exhaust on before I recently changed, I'm thinking the CAT could be partially clogged, it does pop on the overrun a bit, not sure if normal for VR6, suspect not as much as it is, if little improvement over a new cat could be big improvement over an old partially clogged one?

Plus the CAT's the fattest and lowest part of the exhaust and scrapes just slightly if come out of my garage at certain angle and a few multi stories.

Anyone got a decat the wanna sell?

P.S. Just noticed your Did Have and Now Have, been thinking of buying another VW, still keep this Corrado I think, and fancy a R32 engined Corrado, if could find really nice one or a MK4 R32 Golf, se you've had both, which is Best? 4 Motion Golf is it? Are all the R32 Golf's 4 wheel drive, excuse my ignorance used to be an old Ford man.

184bhp, 158Ibft on a dyno known as 'Tough Love Dyno' :)

Not bad for a little valver.

Further refinements to the map have been done since then, so it may now be a little more.