Rams

SP Charge Air Cooler and Short Runner

Not sure if anyone has one laying around catching dust?

If people are using different forums could you kindly put the word out that Rams needs more power!

SP want 1790 dollars for charger cooler kit and 980 dollars for short runner so thought I'd check out the second hand market. You never know.

Ideally need one that has the OBD2 adaptor.

Have the Benjamin's.

Rams

Those PWR coolers are nowhere near as good as Schimmel's, but you get what you pay for I suppose.

Have a look on the VR6OC Rams. VRT bits are always swapping hands on that forum.

Can't recommend those Schimmel bits enough though, but are you OK with having a 3 gallon tank in the boot? Chargecoolers have a lot of baggage!

Happy to have the container in the boot, I'm sure I can cover it in leather or something. Lol

Just seeing Bobby's car/figures and yours and very impressive as they are means it's proven that those charge coolers work and if I can find second hand SP stuff I'd rather fit that first. If nothing comes about I either have to wait or change course.

I'd like to get round the 400 BHP mark but more importantly, my torque could be much better. I'm not overly happy with the light throttle loads. Seems a bit sharp without full load on the pedal when building speed. Could be a bit smoother/progressive. On full throttle load it's superb. So I'm thinking the engine needs better cooling as some days she fells really fast and others a bit tired.

Maybe it's this coil pack that's been causing a weaker spark. Will report back when it's changed later today.

Happy to have the container in the boot, I'm sure I can cover it in leather or something. Lol

:lol:

Just seeing Bobby's car/figures and yours and very impressive as they are means it's proven that those charge coolers work and if I can find second hand SP stuff I'd rather fit that first. If nothing comes about I either have to wait or change course.

I'd like to get round the 400 BHP mark but more importantly, my torque could be much better. I'm not overly happy with the light throttle loads. Seems a bit sharp without full load on the pedal when building speed. Could be a bit smoother/progressive. On full throttle load it's superb. So I'm thinking the engine needs better cooling as some days she fells really fast and others a bit tired.

Maybe it's this coil pack that's been causing a weaker spark. Will report back when it's changed later today.

Throttle response was awesome with the Schimmel intake and chargecooler. Zero boost drop too, which is more of a concern with Superchargers. Very low and stable intake temps too. Vince said it's the only chargecooler he's seen that actually works, which is high praise indeed.

The lack of bottom end torque is the nature of centrifugal chargers unfortunately. They work OK on R32s but not so good on 12Vs imo, but it's just a preference thing.

I've looked into my crystal ball Rams and I can see you going turbo :lol: You appear to be raising exactly the same concerns I did when I had a Supercharger :)

Not sure if anyone has one laying around catching dust?

If people are using different forums could you kindly put the word out that Rams needs more power!

SP want 1790 dollars for charger cooler kit and 980 dollars for short runner so thought I'd check out the second hand market. You never know.

Ideally need one that has the OBD2 adaptor.

Have the Benjamin's.

Rams

Have you had a look at these lot Rams http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/879/r32-turbo-inlet-manifold

Hey,

After changing the coil pack and checking my original its faultless.

Then plugged car in and these issues were the cuprite.

The ABS fault is the brake position sensor. So need to find a new one.

Also the MAF showed a fault with low power which will mean my problems are the wet MAF.

udeqedar.jpgasetyqe3.jpgha6apyze.jpgezatypep.jpg

The charcoal filter is not connected as its all been removed.

It also mentioned cam position sensor but not sure if that's the supply voltage issue or the MAF?

I'm at the point where Turbo does sound like the way forward and I've already got a few mods to suit this but the rotrex was what I wanted to start with.

The only snags are the location of MAF and filter otherwise it's been rock solid.

Mmm. I knew you were going to mention Turbo... I think I could sell the rotrex kit and a plug and play job.

I have also just sold one of my houses so have some spare dosh but also keen on buying a nice decent car to use everything.

Then I start looking at M5's, M3's and have a test drive with a newish 997 Cab on Monday.

If I get one if these cars, will I still want the Rado?

The misses hates it, won't even get in it. Her car got hit today whilst parked and I said we can take the rado for the family meal on Xmas day and she said, I don't like your car, its old and horrible!

Need to decide what to do. Love the car, passionate about it more than anyone would ever be and want it to eat cars for fun but what ever I do, probably needs another £5k plus spending let alone a repaint.

Help me someone!

Repaint are you mad mate don't think it would be costing you 5k plus mate sell the rotrex get it turboed Phone Vince and ask him. Keep the Rado for show's/weekend's and finally this is my personal opinion I would not be with a woman who couldn't accept my car get a new Bird mate ......

Pump 5k into yours and never see it again, or buy one of the above and loose it in depreciation anyway. Stick with what you know and love, although you need to decide if it really is time to move on as its not the first time you've contemplated it. No-ones gonna keep their car forever despite what we say, maybe it's time to move on now?.............

It does hurt my feelings tbh. She hasn't said get rid but is actually rude about it. She knows its my baby but perhaps doesn't know the journey I've been on with it.

A turbo job is around £5k or there abouts. Its the doors that need re painting. Sinkage marks and a few tiny blisters on rear bumper and rear tailgate. It bugs me so much to have to do it all over again and started thinking, why don't I just make it super quick and one day repaint her and go back to metal....

I'm going to buy my new car, stick the C in the garage and decide later.

I much prefer driving the car occasionally so I definitely need a daily as the TT is gone.

I thought to myself my interior is actually newer than her car!

The MAF has to be moved and battery relocated and will give Vince a call in the new year and have a chat about what I've got and what I need and maybe T up someone for my rotrex.

Needs more thought.

We want you to stay you have one of the best interior's in the uk in a corrado mate you may not think you will but i believe you would regret getting rid of the car. If i was you and could afford to keep as well as look at buying the sort of car's you are talking about i would be keeping mate. All the women i know love my car don't know what's going on with your missus mate.

That's just it, more money required which I will never see back. It will complete the car but whilst the interior is like new and so many parts new, now is the time to get the majority back.

Problem is, when I was 17 I bought a G60 for like 8k, took a loan, £4000 for the insurance or something stupid and kept it for 3 months and had to sell it as couldn't afford it.

Now on my 4th rado and the predecessors again where at the time when I didn't have much money.

Now, I've got the money so naturally thought she's going to get everything she needs and I will make it that special car I always wanted since being 12/13 years old.

It's quick, sounds great, people always talk to me about it rather than just nice car - it surprises me with how fun it is and beating some fast cars is always the best part.

Wasted friends in nice cars with a health grin that just wouldn't be the same as driving a 40k motor which is what the Porsche is up for. I want to test drive it to see what all the fuss is about and equally had a love for them. They do look good the 997's but huge amount to buy and maintain and I'm not sure it's worth it. Not in one hot anyway.

That's why the C has been fun, each month or so often do something else and see/feel the gains and becomes addictive.

I've gone this far and hate giving up on things, I literally don't give up for anything! But is this getting silly now and is the per suit for so etching fast and modern which carries a big price tag.

What ever I do, I want to do it properly and just get in with it!

I'm not expecting everyone to read this but I will come back to this and see how I feel reading it again.

I did click the link but saw R32 and was looking at it with iPhone whilst having the oi changed so didn't read into it more.

I can ask them if they do one for the trusty 12V

Thanks for the link

I loved my VRT mate and I don't regret the money I lost on it. It was 5 years of 7000 grins per min and the build was equally enjoyable. It was everything you want yours to be in terms of wasting other cars :)

Stick with the Corrado mate. Modern high performance German cars will obliterate your bank account and frustrate you with electrical gremlins. Old school simple engineering is best in the long run :)

Sounds like you have the stamina for this though, good man :)

Repaint are you mad mate don't think it would be costing you 5k plus mate sell the rotrex get it turboed Phone Vince and ask him. Keep the Rado for show's/weekend's and finally this is my personal opinion I would not be with a woman who couldn't accept my car get a new Bird mate ......

Agree with this one Rams and pretty much what I do. C lives in the garage and I drive it to work once a week if the weather is nice, maybe take the wife and kids up to the coast on a Sunday. It goes to the car shows, and some times I use it in anger to de-stress :)

To old and fragile for a daily and when it breaks I can take my time as it lives in the garage and I have a MK7 golf as a daily.

You may as well keep it, buy another car then come back to it when enthusiasm returns. I'm always falling in and out with mine :)

For £40k I'd be looking at a Boxster Spyder or Cayman R. 997 Cabs are just going to lose money hand over fist compared to those two.