Tempest

Corrado Club National Day 2014

Earlier the better for me so I can make sure I dont double book with swimming galas.

Please bear in mind Eric needs 100 percent confirmation before fully announces the event.

You guys will know as soon as he does. :-)

Thanks chaps.

If anybody took some of my comments in bad humour I apologise.

I totally understand that the venue needs to be where the most would turn up. I was trying to rally other troops to make it justifiable to have venues all over the country thats all.

So no disrespect to the people that work very hard un paid for keeping the club going. Hands down do a great job

Anyway enough ramblings a social the night before is always good to meet new folk and catch up with familiar ones.

And hopefully I maybe there in one of my cars this year lol

Oh and since my last guess wasnt confirmed as right my new guess is a farm yard as they are noisy too :)

Look forward to receiving the new Sprinter, the National Day sounds intriguing-though it would be hard to think of a better day than 2013 Castle Combe event. The location and weather were perfect and the number of cars/members that turned up was very impressive.

I think a great idea for a future (2015) National Day (to address the Southern bias) would be the Lake District, with overnight camping. The location would easily entice plenty of folk from the south? It would also provide scope for Mini Breaks and some great drives/convoys etc

I think a great idea for a future (2015) National Day (to address the Southern bias) would be the Lake District, with overnight camping. The location would easily entice plenty of folk from the south? It would also provide scope for Mini Breaks and some great drives/convoys etc

That's an interesting suggestion indeed! Certainly is an amazing part of the country! :) Wonder if there are any big shows or venues up that way, as we do always try and join an existing meet or similar or a venue to give folks something to do throughout the day.

Na nothing about your comments Chris from my point, I was just saying about the confirmation issue ;)

I am going to the Cumbria vag wkend all going well with car. Looks like a good show and a good location too.http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=509967

Edited by clumpy1

Having been a CCGB member in the South and then later in life, up North. I have to say that the support for official shows up North is very poor indeed.

Plenty of VW shows but no CCGB love. When I originally suggested an RR day, everyone booo'ed about my suggestion of a Northern venue and so we ended up at Stealth....again

It is not that there are less people up here, we organised a North Yorkshire meet and had 16 cars as I remember it. The hard bit was organising it with no official framework as we basically had to PM forum members one by one to spread the word.

"Build it and they will come"

I'd be happy to help with getting more "up North" events sorted if I can get some help from the club.

Ron

I'm with you Ron.Now I know there are alot of nice Corrado's down south but look what's up here myself,Goldie,ChrisL,Fuzzy(when he finally finishes his VRT),Redborbet,Ron plus plenty more a few of these car's are the best in the Country or right up there.I was browsing a few video's/pic's 2day from the Cumbria Vag meeting and saw a couple of stunning Corrado's I have never seen before and definitely not at either Stanford or Coombe.If you don't embrace all your membership you will lose them.

I am going to the Cumbria vag wkend all going well with car. Looks like a good show and a good location too.http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=509967

I'm up for that one, about 1.5hours drive from me. Great drive I've too :)

I think the thing is that a lot of Northern Corrado owners are not CCGB members as the club has no presence here. If the club wants more members to help keep the Corrado alive then it needs to push more into the North.

Just like running a business, if you want more customers you have to invest in providing something to attract them, not just say "I have no customer there"

Edited by Hofmiester

I'm up for that one, about 1.5hours drive from me. Great drive I've too :)

Plus it's a proper wkend with an amazing backdrop :shades:

Think Cumbria vag mag have to go in the diary

And yes James she will be ready

Then again I have said that for 2 years now lol

Think Cumbria vag mag have to go in the diary

And yes James she will be ready

Then again I have said that for 2 years now lol

Do it right first time mate don't rush it you will enjoy it even more if you don't have issues with it because you have taken your time :salute: it will be rapid...

Cheers buddy :) x

Also I have my next guess

Is it at a motorway service station as they noisy sometimes

Arranging meets further north - it's not easy arranging things in places you do not know. The club used to have regional hosts but guess what? No one wanted to fill the posts.

As a club 'we' have said over and over that support and funds can be made available if someone wants to arrange a meet. I'm not aware of any requests made.

What's that quote? Ask not what the club can do for you but what you can do for the club?

There's plenty been trying hard for the last few years and in need of stepping down and new blood/ideas stepping up.

Arranging meets further north - it's not easy arranging things in places you do not know. The club used to have regional hosts but guess what? No one wanted to fill the posts.

As a club 'we' have said over and over that support and funds can be made available if someone wants to arrange a meet. I'm not aware of any requests made.

What's that quote? Ask not what the club can do for you but what you can do for the club?

There's plenty been trying hard for the last few years and in need of stepping down and new blood/ideas stepping up.

Please don't misunderstand me, the guys running the CCGB are doing a great job considering the regional hosting was discontinued.

I do think that regional organisers needs to come back. When I was a member back in 2000, Martin Hoyland was the Northern regional host and he did a great job.

We'd love regional hosts to come back too - but simply no-one volunteering for the positions.

Maybe this is a good chance for a 'call to arms' if people feel strongly about? I'm not sure I have the time to be a regional host but I've been thinking of getting more involved in the club in some way.

Yeah I've been thinking about it, problem is that life gets busy and then I have no time.....other times I am ok and could organise some things.

I wonder if sharing the role of a region between two people could work. Taking it it alternating turns to arrange things?

When I say North, I mean proper North and not Sheffield/Nottingham type North (aka the Midlands)

:)

Sorry but all this discussion about North and South is piffle, you are all Southeners from where I am sitting.. :p

Just to add a touch of perspective, it takes me 3 hours on a good run to get to Edinburgh/Glasgow area and 4 hours to get to the border, so even the lake district would be around a 5 hour road trip most of it on motorways. The only folks down south who have a similar problem is the guys on the end of Cornwall when it comes to travelling.

No matter where it gets held some folks will have to drive further than others, although it is great when its on your doorstep, having to drive a mere 50 miles to join up with the CCGB Scottish road trip came past was a great change.

I think you have a skewed perspective on how big the Uk is mate :)

Stealth is a 4-5 hour drive from Newcastle, same as Stamford hall. I make the trips but many local lads I know around here with Corrados can't be arsed but would do 1-2 hour trips

Yeah I've been thinking about it, problem is that life gets busy and then I have no time.....other times I am ok and could organise some things.

I wonder if sharing the role of a region between two people could work. Taking it it alternating turns to arrange things?

I'm sure that's what they did in some places before so see no reason why it wouldn't work.