BILLCOR

Scam??

Is it that cheap? its a 10 year old car and you can buy a similar year S3 for around that kind of money

Granted could probably advertise it for more but it could well be a Cat D etc

If it looks too good to be true...then again it looks a nice pleasant neighbourhood, unless its a dressed set and the local net curtains were twitching as Wayne redlined his way into the close to take 'suburban' snaps of the latest nicked/thrashed motor

do you have to be registered on pistonheads to send a mail, have sent him one using the send a mail next to the ad but no answer as yet

That is cheap…too cheap..could be the bargain of the day but alarm bells would be ringing...

Awww don't say that Micheal I've bought it.

Awww don't say that Micheal I've bought it.

Really? You seem to be buying up every used car with over 2.5L capacity in the UK atm James!

Really? You seem to be buying up every used car with over 2.5L capacity in the UK atm James!

Some good buy's out there at the minute mate.

do you have to be registered on pistonheads to send a mail, have sent him one using the send a mail next to the ad but no answer as yet

No you dont have to be registered mate

I'm convinced there's some shady listings going on in their classifieds at the moment. A friend of mine is car hunting currently and we looked at several classifieds yesterday which listed something like "I can't be contacted through piston heads but please call this number" - in every case the cars were way, way too cheap for what they were…

I'd give that a wide berth personally.

I paid twice that for mine last March. Same age and condition. If it's genuine, someone's gonna get a bargain!

My alarm bells are:-

No MK4 R came with Recaros. A genuine owner would know that.

Advert too short. A car in that condition and mileage should have the advert to match.

Way too cheap. Cars like that fetch well over 6k.

2.8 4motion dressed up look like an R.

Cat D or C (probably stolen interior hence Recaros).

Massively clocked.

V5 won't be present.

Any or all of those.

Just did a google search on the pics https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZisNk9g2FupgefomZcI1MDchSWoawfDkPxmxwQX60Q4LGdCkOGL1EmtPV-HFdILQpOnCHSgz7eQY_1XrXiQd0ojsYnbxQvsnpr1V5KgtBpTnjjBIzNxECBJsOJOWcSooyKvpWFTugDgC3CCvsc9zSZEBgusDViO6orRlX701w7JLaWlEm369EL-mpp_1vRLEPFcqtBf9qIO_1LeaD8XeVgwNvHgvWbKfKwBtlY5QFWDEEnkfsvWKCQ8ASYAOfLrSh9pTdVKrbX0yKeJa9Z_12KQjA7uoDTgIsBEMzsMWqDfDxNF3x5-vG4elbcHkN7BuLfg8v6hIsZUauZxr05fhz867_13KM6QOVVl9pMHWkvLTcxdtjOR14uHZBRlih5mn6yop8V9mSWptWI37SzohbARQ4R8FGuK-VICtwflLHiLHbUVuS3cnn19oywb2wZU6p7kYGGZYQCahtmEoDV5a9ndbqCiekIMf6Azc8kROJuzfwVdQIV8GPyerrPeJjy_1AYM24DGPVCONIosf6452CD_1ApTDfUw_1T3CiBDgGa_1wCoi_1UNSUSBRXuMzulGMJJQJI2l4RtS2Qa6IsPwwLfn2dnijm6BXA2ZF5fb7hyDNYdRitzcf0yiMbqTSswmNgvH7vY2HMQmdGKG9ZDOzfzuna8-ywaDIF756cyjbmfRD2A5Vri4qMqs3DkYsEZRc0y2uCbg5szhDqzymRnHaYiA4e7TEHMQvNSrlPh2tylHZwNpdST3Vi6oGxl4cpYyUi9H_1y0iPrt1oxp6xt21dCCLJ9lBL29Yk0oYy-cWr0B4fLr_1SKzTDbr0f9WbkYFucs17wVi78-4IwWD9pBq-BTkF0iIzZmUw0DsfYSeNgQN1-f2PCYj0NsRx7JFEjZQsKoMmuYqADbP-XZYKydn2rqR9ofaELgKiPIfgoL7A_1EnL-WQIkTZQZaefOfUS78a8KwAKZ-GDtmsKh_16FWbukrI2gSkk_10gbB9GO9O6njrKYb1ZntZEfgRJdBHSDGqbXTdlhJhu3U2oxxVNiIq63Yyxfp9Qrk3eO8GoDgpBFnl0s3bkHHoWwa1pNKyPiJuyQ01Jt-2YNzh6oNRuW0rfjsPIf6lBjUFXUqLgz5wOMnbL94cBdrOvnpbkG32dJVfk7Kr-VNdAe9D93DhWvz5aFdws7mD7NJw-T58qOziUHbjm-nxElYS9KeGhhpwf84NMFyFvNkoKppZBnRpISX0ALeJ-XBxZ6uSBV0VAcAmZtAT-hx3h9nIqqLZsP_1o5zB_15xzIkc74XHgVL8x5GDTEQacx1MgMSQNnq31c6LIunBlE-oTYYiqZxHSqXZFKDRv28AKna3LBt6q9soqMcvwa1IRf999MUrAPozIbdOlBqHg

Interesting result, the add comes up, but shows the price to be £9500 not 3500, although when you go through the link it takes you to the current add

You can just about see that it has the Konig seats but like Kev said the owner should know they're not Recaro. James have you really bought this? It's scarily cheap. Like when that chicken place in America was selling those deep fried bats as fried chicken, I was extremely suspicious of the price.

Reg shows it as a R32, maybe it is the bargain of the year, my mate has a four door R and for some reason seems to think his seats are recaro, I guess not everyone is up to speed on specs.

Personally I think it probably clocked with star ship mileage or the price is wrong.

Rog.

I can only imagine price it low to attract attention and then claim it to be a typo, customers through the door theory..

Other than that could be any of the above, old MOTs though make it hard to clock cars even though with vagcom its a 2 min job to knock a few thousand off each year.. It is a gamble..

just received this mail back,:scratch:Nigel, thanks for getting back to me! I'm sorry for the misleading ad, work keeps me away so I asked a friends help with posting it. I need a UK buyer cause the car is a right hand drive. Bought it while in England for courses, now I don't need it anymore cause I'm done with that and moved back to the Spain where this otherwise gorgeous car is not suitable for driving. It can be seen at Cl Miguel Moya 4 in Madrid, Spain prepared for test drive and purchase! My job, working as flight attendant keeps me away most of the time but you are welcome to come for inspection or purchase regardless if I'm home or not. I'm also offering to ship the car free of charge for a close up examination at your location through Amazon Payments FPS. You can read more about this service in the document that's attached. I'm paying transport charges with shipping vouchers from my employer so you don't have to but it means that there will be no price negotiation based on shipping needs!

Consider both options above then let me know which suits you better. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Robert

just received this mail back,:scratch:Nigel, thanks for getting back to me! I'm sorry for the misleading ad, work keeps me away so I asked a friends help with posting it. I need a UK buyer cause the car is a right hand drive. Bought it while in England for courses, now I don't need it anymore cause I'm done with that and moved back to the Spain where this otherwise gorgeous car is not suitable for driving. It can be seen at Cl Miguel Moya 4 in Madrid, Spain prepared for test drive and purchase! My job, working as flight attendant keeps me away most of the time but you are welcome to come for inspection or purchase regardless if I'm home or not. I'm also offering to ship the car free of charge for a close up examination at your location through Amazon Payments FPS. You can read more about this service in the document that's attached. I'm paying transport charges with shipping vouchers from my employer so you don't have to but it means that there will be no price negotiation based on shipping needs!

Consider both options above then let me know which suits you better. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Robert

SCAM

Just forget it Nigel, dont even reply, if you look in this link https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZisNk9g2FupgefomZcI1MDchSWoawfDkPxmxwQX60Q4LGdCkOGL1EmtPV-HFdILQpOnCHSgz7eQY_1XrXiQd0ojsYnbxQvsnpr1V5KgtBpTnjjBIzNxECBJsOJOWcSooyKvpWFTugDgC3CCvsc9zSZEBgusDViO6orRlX701w7JLaWlEm369EL-mpp_1vRLEPFcqtBf9qIO_1LeaD8XeVgwNvHgvWbKfKwBtlY5QFWDEEnkfsvWKCQ8ASYAOfLrSh9pTdVKrbX0yKeJa9Z_12KQjA7uoDTgIsBEMzsMWqDfDxNF3x5-vG4elbcHkN7BuLfg8v6hIsZUauZxr05fhz867_13KM6QOVVl9pMHWkvLTcxdtjOR14uHZBRlih5mn6yop8V9mSWptWI37SzohbARQ4R8FGuK-VICtwflLHiLHbUVuS3cnn19oywb2wZU6p7kYGGZYQCahtmEoDV5a9ndbqCiekIMf6Azc8kROJuzfwVdQIV8GPyerrPeJjy_1AYM24DGPVCONIosf6452CD_1ApTDfUw_1T3CiBDgGa_1wCoi_1UNSUSBRXuMzulGMJJQJI2l4RtS2Qa6IsPwwLfn2dnijm6BXA2ZF5fb7hyDNYdRitzcf0yiMbqTSswmNgvH7vY2HMQmdGKG9ZDOzfzuna8-ywaDIF756cyjbmfRD2A5Vri4qMqs3DkYsEZRc0y2uCbg5szhDqzymRnHaYiA4e7TEHMQvNSrlPh2tylHZwNpdST3Vi6oGxl4cpYyUi9H_1y0iPrt1oxp6xt21dCCLJ9lBL29Yk0oYy-cWr0B4fLr_1SKzTDbr0f9WbkYFucs17wVi78-4IwWD9pBq-BTkF0iIzZmUw0DsfYSeNgQN1-f2PCYj0NsRx7JFEjZQsKoMmuYqADbP-XZYKydn2rqR9ofaELgKiPIfgoL7A_1EnL-WQIkTZQZaefOfUS78a8KwAKZ-GDtmsKh_16FWbukrI2gSkk_10gbB9GO9O6njrKYb1ZntZEfgRJdBHSDGqbXTdlhJhu3U2oxxVNiIq63Yyxfp9Qrk3eO8GoDgpBFnl0s3bkHHoWwa1pNKyPiJuyQ01Jt-2YNzh6oNRuW0rfjsPIf6lBjUFXUqLgz5wOMnbL94cBdrOvnpbkG32dJVfk7Kr-VNdAe9D93DhWvz5aFdws7mD7NJw-T58qOziUHbjm-nxElYS9KeGhhpwf84NMFyFvNkoKppZBnRpISX0ALeJ-XBxZ6uSBV0VAcAmZtAT-hx3h9nIqqLZsP_1o5zB_15xzIkc74XHgVL8x5GDTEQacx1MgMSQNnq31c6LIunBlE-oTYYiqZxHSqXZFKDRv28AKna3LBt6q9soqMcvwa1IRf999MUrAPozIbdOlBqHg the car has been advertised before at £9500, probably by the legitimate owner, its a scam, end of story.

I had one like this on Wheel whores with the Porsche wheel's can't exactly remember how it went but the person wanted me to send £150ish can't remember exact amount by that money transfer service that is a known scammer's haunt. I just reported it to wheel whores.

I had one like this on Wheel whores with the Porsche wheel's can't exactly remember how it went but the person wanted me to send £150ish can't remember exact amount by that money transfer service that is a known scammer's haunt. I just reported it to wheel whores.

Western Union by any chance :rolleyes:

Just send him the money, he's clearly a decent bloke :lol: I had loads of this rubbish when I advertised on autotrader "i'm looking for a wedding present for my daughter and your car is perfect, just send me some money and i'll keep it" except these were loaded with all sorts of typo's.