Sign in to follow this  
Corrado Euge

Here's my first corrado:D

MarkGolf posting!

Here's my Corrado, got it purely to break (dont burn me) I got it VERY VERY VERY cheap due to being a part exchange car at my VW Dealership...

I've bought the car and will run it for about a month or so... then its going to have the engine pulled out and dumped into my Golf....

Then a well known man on the VW scene, who I wont name incase he wants me to keep quiet... is buying the chassis to do something silly in..lol :D

Car runs like a dream, and bodywork is in good nick apart from a few dents in odd places..

The car has done 107k believe it or not, has a FULL VW s/h, every receipt, m.o.t, so has been looked after to a degree.

Has definetly made me want to buy a Corrado as my next car as opposed to a mk4 Golf

Yeah, would have been rude not to for the asking price!

Had it on the diagnostics and no faults came up, so the full VW service history has done it some good I spose!

:D

Love driving the things, really really want to buy a cheap lowering kit, air filter and few other bits to tidy it up, but no point if its only on the road for a month or so.... lol

OMG. How can you do it to a perfectly good car??? How is a golf VR6 gonna better that?? Any chance of saying how much you got it for, then i might see some sense in what your doing!!!

£2k...

A 2.9 lump is hard enough to find, and if i find one, they go for about £1000 alone. The shell is going to be playing host to a new engine once I take this one out... Will be something to be appreciated im sure!

A total waste to strip if you ask me..... do it up. Sell it on for £4k then you have £2k to play without spending much ......

Seems a real shame to break a perfectly good example of an ever rarer car :(

Its your money, and you are lucky to have found the deal so congrats.. but I think the majority will say that its a bit of a shame. Especially considering it has full history etc, and is actually in good nick.

you may pay more insuring a golf with a 2.9 conversion than a standard VR Rado.

Its still got the battery jacket on and the engine bay looks really good. You'd get 5 k for that. advertise it. Think about a 3K profit! Its miles too good to take the engine out.

very sad mate :roll: ...............you have a "future classic" Corrado VR6 that looks perfectly servicable,in a desirable colour too,with a FVWSH and looking pretty original too.........all to canibalise it and put it into yer Golf..........don't get me wrong i'm a big fan of the Golf VR6 but to do that to an un-bent Corrado is just criminal........there's plenty later OBD2 Golf VR's out there and plenty ppl seem to agree they make the same power as the 2.9 VR so why not keep the C VR as is and make a bit of money on it...........you'll easy get £3k upwards for it......and i'm sure you'd pick up a later OBD2 VR6 engine for the profit you make

It is a straight car, but admittedly, the body isn't the best condition and cudn't see someone giving me 5k for it.. otherwise i'd sell it straight up and get myself that £3k profit!

Cud prob get £3/£3.5k... but not too fussed about that. I'll post the pics of the body damage and it may convince y'all..

Gud to hear ya concern for it though! If someone wants to give me £4k for it, contact me :D Definetly one of the best cars i've driven

TBH I'd have thought this wouldn't be the best place to show C enthusiasts a pic of a bargain, clean looking C costing only £2K that was about to be broken! :roll:

However you say that something special will happen with the rolling shell so I look forward to seeing the results :D

I can't believe your thinking of ripping the engine out :shock:

Forget the golf and put your money into the corrado!

Dan

Sorry have to add my 2 p's worth here

I can understand where everyone is coming from and "markgolf" but i dont see the point breaking whats looks like a good vr6 sample just because you want the engine when in true fact that engine will prob need a rebuild in the next coming years and where you could easily pick up a 2.8 vr engine and have that bored out like Phatvr mentions.

As for your mate who wants the shell there is crap loads of corrado shells everywhere from people siptting them etc just because they have picked up a cheap corrado and need a few bits and in the end the main shell is sent to the crusher as no one as interest in them

I just think the way people are picking corrados up and just breaking them the way they are is wrong. I could understand if the body damage wasnt repairable or if it had been hit by rot but otherwise i cant see the point of breaking a corrado

just my 2p's worth

p.s. i know im not one to talk considering all the work ive done to mine but ive stuck to my no matter what damage its received from people hitting it :cry: and i do think its been a waste of money modifing, considering corrado does look best standard but then it always comes out looking better/different lol :roll: :mrgreen: :D

if that VR has a soul - then your gonna get haunted man :(

if that VR has a soul - then your gonna get haunted man :(

:lol: Now I would hate to see a nice C like that trashed just as much as the next guy, but really, I think this is going a little too far... :lol:

:lol: Now I would hate to see a nice C like that trashed just as much as the next guy, but really, I think this is going a little too far... :lol:

:D I saw a voodoo movie last night, am feelin sorta spiritual :twisted:

I can't believe you are doing this!! DON'T - the Golf will be fun but you won't get your money back. You will profit from the Corrado and will have a MUCH cooler car to drive around in! Don't Don't Don't do it! Please!! :(

Had a mark 3 vr6 a couple of years ago which was running 200 bhp, (lowered, 17's, scorpion, bilsteins, 57i) it sounded fantastic, looked cool and went like a rocket) now i have a 1.8 16v Corrado as a second car which doesnt go like a rocket, doesnt sound awesome but looks far better than the Golf ever did even tho apart from 17s and being lowered is standard, so tell me WHY????? you have it all and you want to go and spoil it!!! :cry: