cdem

PDC Meet - Peterborough

Should be there - had to get my car weatherproof again as been doing my sunroof the last couple of days so now have a working sunroof for the first time in the last 18 months! Now just need some sun for the weekend!

Cheers

Phil

You'll see on Sunday Paul ;-) sorted insurance yesterday with HIC and the mot is today!!

Phil we're hoping for the sunshine as much as you are!!! Hope to see you there.

Picked up the last bits to get the corrado back on the road again and tax.

see you lot sunday.

Awesome news :-) see you sunday!!

Make sure you all introduce yourselves to the pdc crew, Sam (Quicky1980) is the one in the glasses and myself the tall skinny one....we will be in red polo shirts :-)

weather is looking good today !

were coming up with a Pearl grey corrado G60, a satin silver corrado G60 and maybe a dark blue BMW M3

Awesome!! This is going to be awesome! Still need to finish putting my car together lol

Just home from this. Great meet, really nice guys and hopefully chatted to most of the corrado owners. Putting names to faces etc is always good.

A lot of high quality cars there, and a really nice mix of cars as well.

On the corrado front the turn out was excellent. Loads of different directions taken by pretty much everyone. NorthG60's car was excellent, as was quicky's, Paul's (winchbietch?) and Phil's.

Then a few works in progress such as cdem's (who I didn't get to speak to unfortunately) and Sean's, which having been rescued from certain death now has a quality conversion and IMO has sorted those keys basics that a lot of people forget like bushes and running gear and I'm sure the rest will come together no problem. Then we have Jamie's? Black VR running on its arse, skinny tyres, sounding fantastic and hopefully won the limbo?

Not sure who's the carbon roofed 1.8t was but between that and the other Motorsport style cars I think I've been inspired to put my Rotas back on, love that look.

All in all a very good afternoon and I'll like to thank the organisers and say I'm looking forward to the next one!

Thanks for coming down, great chatting with you and sorry I didnt see you go. Hope you got back ok?

Jamie stopped trying with the limbo but Im sure if he carried out he would have bee the winner. the caddy and jetta drew at 45.5".

Need to get myself a new MAF and sort out my driveshafts ready for my cars next trip out.

Hopefully see you again before our next years event.

Well today was great a huge corrado turn out and some ridiculously nice ones !every corrado there was totally different!

good to meet everyone wish i could have stayed longer but I did spend most of my time laughing at the crazy rat rod polo ? with a bar in the boot a pool que for a shifter and pub floor carpets and AstroTurf on the roof lol (don't have a picture yet)

I didn't take many photos but i'll get my mate to send me some of the 200 he took lol

here is a few I got with a shameless one of mine and my mates new G60 when we got back

Back from the first meet after the rebuild and in many years and I can honestly say I really enjoyed it. Good to speak to everyone I had the chance to even if I didn't hang around until the very end. I never got any photos as I was too busy chatting to all the friendly faces that were there! There was a fantastic mix of minters and absolute ratters! That Polo with the pub carpet was certainly a brave statement!

All of the different Corrados (and there were plenty) really held themselves well against the other marks out there and you can clearly see the effort that has gone into a lot of them!

Sean's, which having been rescued from certain death

I dunno Mic, today came close to it! Thanks for your help and the temporary loan of your fire extinguisher! For anyone who didn't see/smell my car, I had a bit of a moment with the cooling fan motor that decided that it had had enough for one lifetime and melted itself. Luckily, it was on my list of jobs to replace with a nice new slim line item, now it's just top of the list of stuff to do! I got home without a single incident though apart from that. Not bad for the first long trip out since being put back on the road!

Just home from this. Great meet, really nice guys and hopefully chatted to most of the corrado owners. Putting names to faces etc is always good.

A lot of high quality cars there, and a really nice mix of cars as well.

On the corrado front the turn out was excellent. Loads of different directions taken by pretty much everyone. NorthG60's car was excellent, as was quicky's, Paul's (winchbietch?) and Phil's.

Then a few works in progress such as cdem's (who I didn't get to speak to unfortunately) and Sean's, which having been rescued from certain death now has a quality conversion and IMO has sorted those keys basics that a lot of people forget like bushes and running gear and I'm sure the rest will come together no problem. Then we have Jamie's? Black VR running on its arse, skinny tyres, sounding fantastic and hopefully won the limbo?

Not sure who's the carbon roofed 1.8t was but between that and the other Motorsport style cars I think I've been inspired to put my Rotas back on, love that look.

All in all a very good afternoon and I'll like to thank the organisers and say I'm looking forward to the next one!

Yeah I stopped trying with the limbo...I was more interested in taking photos of the 20 people in the Caddy :)

I think I would of caught the tape if I went round once more.

Brilliant day out though :) thoroughly enjoyed it!

When I saw you having a go when I left, your sunroof was open, surely that's another 2 inches!

I had to give them a chance

A real decent day today, a lot of loved cars and good people to speak to.

Great to see so many corrado's make it!

I had to give them a chance

Haha! Very generous of you.

Sam - just realised I left without scanning your car. If you want me to pop over just let me know and we can sort a time.

Wouldn't have been the same without all you guys turning up so thank you to you all!!! I didn't manage to speak to everyone but found a few Corrado owners to speak to :-)

mic_VR as you could probably tell mine is very much a work in progress, only got it back on Friday evening and running right about an hour before the meet lol.

Work in progress is good, and getting it running an hour before the meet is very good indeed! :thumbleft:

Is this going to be a yearly thing or are you guys planning more meets over the summer etc?

Yeah it's an annual thing :-) we do go to shows and try to make other meets though so you're all welcome to join us!

We have been debating doing pub meets every month but there's already a vw club in Peterborough who have a monthly meet so we tend to go to that. I think next year we will look at doing a few more big meets like on Sunday.

There's photos from the meet on the PDC facebook page if any of you haven't seen them :-)