Alty

Why do we pay road tax again ?

I couldn't agree more Kev. It's years of council managers promoting useless cretins to positions below them so that they don't get 'threatened' by bright sparks coming through the doors. I've gone through two tyres in two weeks... It's a fairly easy fix, do the job properly, once.

But that would mean the bureaucrat responsible for the "Do it again properly this time" department would lose their job :)

Put in a request to you local council for the maintenance records for the stretch of road with the offending hole/crater/gaping chasm on it. Also ask for their highway maintenance and inspection schedule. You have to mention that you are entitled to this information under the Freedom of Information Act. Do this BEFORE you complain to them about the road otherwise they have a get out. If the road hasn't been inspected in accordance with their schedule then that is Negligence and they owe you. If it has been inspected on time and is not overdue one but has been repaired or otherwise worked on that inspection then you can try suggesting that the repair was not done properly. It's a battle either way though.

On my way to work there is a junction which they are patching up every few weeks. Sticking a bucket of cold tar in a hole and driving a Transit over it a few times is not a repair. The patch lasts a month at the most and then the road's full of cold tar and gravel again. This has been going on for at least four years so I know the cycle. My FOI request will be arriving at the council office this Friday with eerily good timing..

Another bent BBS, strut, stub axle and a split Yokahama for them to replace. More expensive then fixing the bloody hole properly.

Thanks Ralphead, useful info there it was my wife's turn again this week, so that's £500 on tyres this month...7ymebyty.jpgsu9u7eba.jpg

You might be in luck there, white paint means it was on their 'to fix' list. If they took more than 30 days (iI think it is) to sort it then they have to pay you...

This is why neither of my cars is as low as I'd really like - it's just not practical to keep replacing tyres (and wheels, and struts...) There's one near me that disabled 13 cars before the police came and closed the road, recently...

Stone