Alty

Why do we pay road tax again ?

I brought these brand new a year and a half ago, Both front wheels of my car!

wi3jb9.jpg

2a83gq9.jpg

Edited by davidwort

we dont drive on roads any more - we drive round holes with bits of tarmac/pebbles/clay/sand/whatevertheidiotsfeellikelaying kind of connecting them :(

i would be pursuing a claim against your local council m8

is rod tax for fishing ?

agree about claim from local council.... start by getting a form and tacking pictures of pot hole with measuring stick before they fill them in.

Edited by delfinis38

The tyre sidewall look to be catching on something?

Edited by Dox

Old winter tyres. They were rubbing on the coilovers, 3mm spacers sorted that. Thanks for the concern :D

What's ROAD Tax? :)

As cyclists, a question we're used to be asked about once a week... :|

Road tax was Abolished by none other than Churchill in 1936 I believe. None b of the VED Tax goes on roads either :) just saying.

Cyclist & 3 Corrado owner.

Good luck claiming against the Council. They will say unless the pothole was previously reported and known about they cannot be expected to know about the state of all the roads in their area. Been there........

can't bear to read 'rod tax' any more, so changed it :)

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I plan to dig up the council offices car park one day

You pretend to be BT and dig up the road outside their offices. I'll come along 2 days later pretending to be the gas company and dig it up again. Then someone else can do the same a few days later, and so on.

Make sure you use the cheapest contractor in the Yellow pages and ask them to use more stones than tarmac (coz it's cheaper), so that the filled in holes will just unfill themselves again 2 weeks later.

My colleague and I actually witnessed the second sentence happen as we walk down the same hole ridden road to Tesco every day. Day 1: Orange lines sprayed around the worst holes. Day 2: A.N.Other cheapy contractor turns up, literallly throws in some tarmac and stamps on it. 2 days later, rain and heavy traffic had all but undone their work. The following week, an Essex Highways lorry was there repeating the work :roll:

Honestly, local councillors. Feckin clueless. To see what kind of people we're dealing with, tune into "Permission Impossible" on Monday evenings. It's about local planners, but they're the same as local councillors. Middle aged, rotten teeth, awful hair styles, drab clothes. Isn't it about time we injected some youth into Parliament and local councils?

I couldn't agree more Kev. It's years of council managers promoting useless cretins to positions below them so that they don't get 'threatened' by bright sparks coming through the doors. I've gone through two tyres in two weeks... It's a fairly easy fix, do the job properly, once.

I cracked two Ultraleggeras, I feel your pain :-( Even aftet they were welded one of them doesn't hold air, gave up for now and fitted something sturdier...

One of the roads near me is always referred to in the local paper as 'cluster bomb alley' - I'll take some pictures when I'm next there, it really has to be seen to be believed!

As above, they just chuck some tarmac in the holes and then look surprised when it caves in the following week. Crap.

Stone