BILLCOR

Mystic Blue Storm R32

8k and sod all information in the advert. Drives me crazy. Looks extremely clean though :)

8 grand... Bloody hell..

Mine would cost you a little more Rog :thumbleft:

Cheer's Rog it's not perfect but I'll get there. The only thing that put's me off that car is the fact it was done by PSI there is an owner on here who not to long ago bought a 24v 2.8 conversion done by them and it went on fire. I've had a look at his thread on edition and some of the bodgery was not good. Lovely looking car though but you know what they say about something that is presented in this way.

The only thing that put's me off that car is the fact it was done by PSI there is an owner on here who not to long ago bought a 24v 2.8 conversion done by them and it went on fire. I've had a look at his thread on edition and some of the bodgery was not good.

Could you post a link? Cheers :)

Looks very clean but useless advert. Surely you'd want to put more information to stop all the pointless phone calls

Thanks :) always good to read up about incidents like this.

Not in anyway trying to dis PSI as who is to know what happened with the car after the conversion just wanted to put it up for reference.

I think what needs to be taken into account is also that was the first conversion done by them in there old place and it was probably more of a project / prototype on that one. I had mine done by them and it was fine/no major issues and is still going strong. There was one or two little things that I wasnt too keen on but overall it was good. He would have paid a fair bit for that conversion.

It does say ring for full spec which I would rather talk to someone on the phone about a car that has had a conversion like that

Maybe a little more effort with mileage and stuff but I like to talk to someone when buying I find it a better experience

I think what needs to be taken into account is also that was the first conversion done by them in there old place and it was probably more of a project / prototype on that one. I had mine done by them and it was fine/no major issues and is still going strong. There was one or two little things that I wasnt too keen on but overall it was good. He would have paid a fair bit for that conversion.

Which is why I said what I did just because it look's like a bad conversion job it might not be down to them (the issue's)

£8K! Yeah right.

I saw a 2.8 24V conversion done by PSI and it was erm, 'agricultural' shall we say. It was just the wiring and plumbing etc. The mininum was done to get it working and nothing more. If someone paid me to do it, I would do it the same way I did mine, or like Kip did his. I wouldn't want my name on some rolling bodge.

That was my impression really. It worked and did what it needed to but I always though it could have been better finished. Its the same as most things like though, your only going to know its done right and to what you want if you do it yourself. At the time it worked for me and as said its still going strong.

Conversion probably cost the best part of £5k (inc engine) on this one. Knowing what I know now I wouldnt pay to have it done again though.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't bother with an R32 conversion :D I'd put a TFSI in there. Might still do that some day.

Surely you'd want to put more information to stop all the pointless phone calls

I recon the 8k price tag would do a very good job of that ;)

I had a storm with a 2.8 24v done by PSI and the wiring and plumbing as Kev days was ****. The loom was bodged quite badly to be honest, glad I got shot of it when I did.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't bother with an R32 conversion :D I'd put a TFSI in there. Might still do that some day.

Without wanting to drag this off course, is there much information on running TFSI engines in a Corrado?

It's been done to MK2s mostly but I do know that the TFSI fuel and electronic hurdles have been overcome. I think Q peng do a conversion kit.

The throttle map would need taming down as it's savage low down. Wheelspin city!

I don't think I could choose a tooo leetaa over a 6 though, maybe as a second car to be used as a track weapon. To enjoy the most from a tfsi, you'll be banned very quickly!