Leonard

New wheel suggestions please :)

After something lighter than what I have at present, MUST be light!

Also like the scarcity factor so must be a little different and a little bit period looking if possible (no modern motorsport look)

16's or 17's

Anyone got any dream wheels they would like to share?

As is:

232323232-fp7324--nu459-5-9-243-WSNRCG32894-368334nu0mrj.jpg

Damn they look sweet , wouldn't know what to suggest for old fashioned Motorsport though

If you flog the futuras mate there's a lad on here called swift kid who has been after a set of these wheels for a while , might help your sale along bud

Cool cheers for info!

Lovely wheels, just want to turn the car into more of a weekend driver :)

Dont have to be motorsport inspired just prefer something a little period looking

What about Azev a's there a pretty old school wheel and I think you can get them in decent specs aswell figment wise , not sure on weight though

Got some 18" Superturismos for you. Lovely and light at 10.5Kg :lol:

Seriously though, you won't get any lighter than the good old ProRace 1 7x17 @ 7.5Kg. That wheel with a ContiSport 3 on it weighed 1Kg less than a stock Speedline with tyre.

I quite like the compomotive TH2's, am sure someone has some on here, a motorsport look though, but classic imo

TSW Venoms lol!! A true 90's wheel that everyone had. must be pretty rare now.

In all seriousness I've been passively looking for a set 5 x 100, 17 x 8 for ages.. If i find them they are going on…. We may joke about them but so many modern wheels are based on them..

No tyre rim protectors would ever save those wheels though, bet thats why you dont see them.

I thought they looked awful when you where following a car with them on.

Cheers guys made me look at a few things

Pro Race are good as are the latest OZ wheels but just not sure I can live with the modern(ish)look.

Dont suppose anyone knows weight of these ABT wheels that were originally on my car back in the day..... could be way fwd/backwards!

232323232-fp7324-nu459-5-9-243-WSNRCG32894-39-334nu0mrj.jpg

If they're 17s, HEAVY!

Yeah kinda what I thought LOL

Tempted by getting some custom Jap forged wheels.................

YES. They would look fricking awesome.

I stumbled onto those whilst searching for 17s that would clear R32 brakes and saw immediate Corrado potential! Their 7 spoke rims are really nice too, but 18" only sadly.

A quality brand, takes OEM wheel caps and weighs only 7.9kg, which is very light for an 8x17. Awesome GTI sell them for £1K a set, which isn't cheap, but not a rip off either imo.

Doesn't appear to be a plain silver option though unfortunately, but that's nothing a spray gun can't fix :D

If I still had a Corrado, I'd have ordered a set the second I saw them!

Glad it's not just me that's always thought that. I've seen this style of wheel on Skylines and such over the years and always thought they'd look fantastic on a Rado.

Ha ha my hesitation too Jim. You only tend to see them on Jap stuff but i too think they would look mint on a rado. i couldnt see a weight though

Hmmm, I'm not sure those recessed cookie cutter rims suit Corrados tbh. Corrados are so fickle with wheels it's untrue and it's always the classic and simple designs that suit them best.

Oooo cookie cutters!!

At one point i had thought about asking my dad to lend me the wheels off his 1978 911 SC - like these http://www.darrylsgarage.com/911/cookie1.jpg

but the fitment would have been impossible i think.....well....that or convincing my dad to lend me them lol

I know what you mean about the simplicity suiting a rado & i'd love to see what the F40 type wheel looked like - http://jpmenterprises.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54fcc6a028834014e607a0382970c-800wi