8vMatt

2014 Headlight Switch Group Buy. Now Arrived!

Have you got an updated headlight loom fitted - as this sometimes happens when these are installed, as earlier Corrados were fitted with 'dim dip'

Hi. Yes we fitted it yesterday. My vr6 is a 94 Reg car.

Ah ok, I remember reading to fix this, there is a large relay on one of the chassis legs (passenger side) simply unplug it and insulate the ends.

Hi guys, sorry I've not been around for a while. As Rob correctly stated, I was busy with getting married and away on honeymoon.

I'll answer pm's and I do still have some switches available if anyone is in need of one.

Congratulations Matt.

How can I tell if my switch is an upgraded one? Is there a part number to compare? Mine lights up Green/red but no idea if Led or bulb... Is that standard in late switches? All three of the other Corrados I've had, had early type switches.

Sorry, I'm referring to an uprated wiring loom, these plug into your headlights - they're not related to your internal headlight switch....

Edited by cmalyan

Congratulations Matt.

How can I tell if my switch is an upgraded one? Is there a part number to compare? Mine lights up Green/red but no idea if Led or bulb... Is that standard in late switches? All three of the other Corrados I've had, had early type switches.

Hi Rich

Thanks mate.

All standard switches have a bulb, mine are the ones with the led. To check your switch, pop it out of dash and compare it to the pic at the top of this page.

I will do.

I'm now running an uprated three relay/three fuse loom. It came with the car and replaces a shocking homemade two relay one. We plugged the driver side fly wire into the original loom. All contacts are good and I didn't see a dim assist in the wing.. (Removed?)

My friend who is a senior electrician/fitter/technician/alarm/genius.. 😄

Said he thought potentially the switch is at fault.. Either on or off.. With the side only setting failing. We then read about the side light assist.. Extra voltage to sides and dip bulb to give stronger side light. Possible drawing enough current so as to fire the relays...

I'll replace the switch with an led one if mines not already done. I'll check in the next couple of days as cars off tomorrow morning for some more work.

Thanks

Switches bought this week have now been posted, was a little later than hoped but with being busy at work, today was my first chance. I will be able to post tomorrow if anyone is in need at short notice.

Cheers guys.

Fitted my headlight switch today now that my dashboard is back in. 100% fantastic product. Brilliant piece of kit especially with the bulb symbol lighting up red when the ignition is on. My old one didn't. So very happy

Fitted my headlight switch today now that my dashboard is back in. 100% fantastic product. Brilliant piece of kit especially with the bulb symbol lighting up red when the ignition is on. My old one didn't. So very happy

Hi Cressa

Great to read such a happy post, cheers buddy.

Down to the last couple of dozen switches left now. As these have stayed around for a long time now, it will be the last time they are ordered. Get one while they're still available.

Any advantages of fitting these over an origional. That I still have in the car. I know the fixings snap eventually on the origional. I bought one of matts switches on the initial batch as a spare but never fitted it. I have a fuse I put in the loom as protection.

Should I swap it over ?

I personally would say YES swap it over. They are better than the original. You could always keep that in a box. The lighting on my switch is far superior to the old one

Hi, would this switch work on an early dash Corrado?

Hi, would anyone know if these will work as a replacement to the old style switch (below)

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83250[/ATTACH]

Hi, would anyone know if these will work as a replacement to the old style switch (below)

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83250[/ATTACH]

The early and late switches are interchangeable (had both fitted at one point)

I have one of Matt's offerings in my early valver and it works a treat, buy one with confidence.