daves16v

Tailored Mats - recommendations please

Hi all,

I want to buy some tailored mats for my daughters Beetle but rather than pay the dealer inflated prices can anyone recommend one of the numerous companies supplying tailored mats?

Thanks

Dave

those look nice, do they have a thick pile and do you find them hardwearing?

Not sure whether they are very thick pile but they are a nice depth, plus the backing is vey stiff so they dont bunch up, they have the non slip backing but Corrados carpet is very slipery so the rears move, It comes with a nice extra binded piece by the pedals and one hole in the drivers matt and a fitting for screwing into the carpet, I however prefer to use a cable tie around the seat runner to stop it sliding forward,

I bought some genuine VW corrado mats and they lasted less than 6 months before the back was breaking up, I've had these since the turn of the year and they are still like new

those look nice, do they have a thick pile and do you find them hardwearing?

Seem very cheap compared with others I've looked at which worries me as I believe you get what you pay for.

Seem very cheap compared with others I've looked at which worries me as I believe you get what you pay for.

I know what you're saying but if I had to choose between these and the genuine ones, I'd choose these ones, £20 compared to £60,

with jc on this got these on the c as i didnt want to spend vw money as much as id like to, 6 month in and the still look great.

cant say anything about oem mats though (apart from they look nice with the writing on)

I put the mats from a Volvo 940 in the front of mine. They're hard plastic with little spikes on the bottom so they dont move around. The passenger side fits fine but I trimmed the drivers one a little. They're grey and say Volvo on them but that doesn't bother me. They're great for winter as the sides are high so keeps all the water and muck off the carpet.