Sign in to follow this  
OSV

Opinions welcomed. What to do with the wheels ?

OK, I built up a set of BBS RS301 split rims for use on my C during the show season. They feature polished rims and centre caps together with gold bolts and badges. In my opinion the wheels look stunning but theres one slight problem, I don't think they suit the colour of my car.

I know many of you don't like this style of wheel anyway and will no doubt suggest their destruction. If anyone else has a more constructive opinion lets hear it.

My thoughts were

1 Replace gold bolts and replace with chrome.

2 Paint centres black, use chrome bolts.

3 Sell wheels

The wheels are complete with unused Dunlop SP9000 tyres so as you can imagine they stand me at quite a bit but after all the trouble of finding them and building them I don't know what to do :(

I have a standard set of the exact same wheels which i'm more than happy with. 8)

Aplogies at my poor attempt at colouring the rims black :roll:

Hmmm I think you're right. They don't suit the silver that well. Changing the bolts for chrome ones would help though...

I agree actually - on a silver C, there is just a bit too much silver.

I don't think I'd paint them black either.

Sell them and you should be able to buy any wheel setup you like!

I like the black centres with chrome bolts. Personally, never like the gold bolts thing.

Me too, I think the black centres on the silver car look good.

I like the black centres with chrome bolts. Personally, never like the gold bolts thing.

Me too, I think the black centres on the silver car look good.

yip i'm with you guys too 8)

Sell them to me :lol: And I'm being serious. Have you got a reasonably sized side-on view so I can photoshop them onto my Ice Grey to see if they suit?

As for your thoughts on their suitability, I totally disagree. They look stunning on your car. I've said it before and I'll say it again, your Corrado was *easily* the best one at Inters.

Don't like the blacked out look tbh.

K

I agree with Kev - not sure about the blacked out centres.....the wheels do look great on your car though..

got to say the same as kev aswell,seen your car at all types and think the wheels look stunning...wouldnt mind some for mine :)

I'd go with a contrasting colour, something like an anthracite or similar to break up the silver-ness of the whole effect... That's if you really want to do something else to it, 'cos I think it's stunning as it is... 8)

I'm very happy with the car as it is and I have no real intention of making any real changes. Its just I have two sets of the same wheels so I either need to make each set look noticably different or sell a set on. :oops:

Ah, in that case, sell the new tyres and put a set of slicks on 'em! ;) :twisted: :lol:

Well I must confess that was my initial thoughts, just adds a nice touch of detail. IMO the wheels themselves look stunning but don't work as well as i'd hoped on my car with the gold detailing, which is a shame really. They'd look gorgeous on a dark metallic car! Well at least I gave it a try :lol:

Those wheels look the king, you gotta keep them chrome. :D

Are they still avalible to buy new? does anyone know/

No BBS stopped making them 10 years ago. They are rare with a capital R!

OSV> u need to paint them centres black then they really would look even better than the set on your car now which is hard, :lol:

Id have to go with the chrome and ditch the gold, and im not into the black centres remind me too much of the old capri days. :shock:

I like the black centres as they look like MK1 Cabriolet Sportsline wheels, and they are well cool. But they don't suit silver paintwork though.

The only thing i would do is change the gold bolts to chrome ones

agree with j :)

I only like BBS's with black centres.

stick them on ebay, you'll get daft money for them. then buy something rarer.