MartyrKomplx

New (Slightly) Disappointed G60 Owner

How's it going? I'm new to the Corrado world, just bought my first last Friday.

My previous two cars were both Nissan 300zx, so moving to a FWD supercharged setup will take a bit to get used to, I think; but i was already enjoying the experience ...

Which brings me to my disappointment: Less than two days after purchase, my G60 gave up. However, -I- haven't given up yet. I may be new to the Corrado, but I bring (amateur) auto mechanic skills I've picked up after working on my Z's and (professional?) troubleshooting skills from my work fixing RADAR system.

I'll be posting details/questions on my current problems in the forum shortly. Also, I'm looking for any other online communities or Corrado parts stores that can be recommended.

Hello, thank you, and until next time.

Hello m8, welcome

There are lots of great knowledgeable & helpful people on here :)

You could grab yourself a bentley workshop manual, they come in handy on many an occassion.

Annavr6 on here works at VW Heritage & has been working hard to increase their rado parts lists & there are some forum members who produce bespoke items & let us share them (daves16v short shifter & stainless steel its for example)

good luck in getting the G60 running again & lets see some pics :D

Actually ... I got the car free with the purchase of an (extremely) used/worn Bentley from some guy I met.

But seriously, I'll try to get some pictures, but it's not pretty right now ... it's jacked up, hood open, trunk carpet moved aside for fuel pump inspection, etc.

Quite a few of you guys from the States popping up here recently, welcome!

In truth, VW Vortex or TheCorradoClubofCanada are probably your best bet for finding out where to source parts over the pond. Stick around here though, we're a friendly bunch! :p

Welcome. It's lovely to see our US friends popping in. Good luck with the car :)

Welcome aboard! Agree - great to see more folks from the USA and Canada turning up and using the forum :)

What's actually wrong with the G60 then? What are the symptoms?

One US-G60 owner here, living in the UK,imported from the US through Germany to Scotland, from where I bought it.

Looking forward to pics.

Tempest

Welcome aboard! Agree - great to see more folks from the USA and Canada turning up and using the forum :)

I've posted a thread concerning my problem over in the technical board...

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=86361

I've got both an fpr and pump on order since I found some inexpensive ones.

Seems to be fuel system related... I've posted in one of the technical boards

I've got a pump and regulator on order since I found them (relatively) inexpensive... Pretty sure it's one of them

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the fuel system... I've posted in the technical board:

I've got a pump and regulator on order since I found some inexpensive.

Also I can't seem to post replies with tapatalk... I tried twice and had to login through my phone browser to post this... My work network will let me browse the forum but when I try to login I get denied ... Weird.

Turned out to be an FPR and pump issue. R&R both, ops check good.

Now I'm looking into a wiring issue... When ever I put a high current draw on the system (headlights fog lights blower motor while driving, my fuel gauge stops working until I turn off items... Namely the headlights which isn't good while night driving

When i reduce the load the coolant light blinks as if I just started the car... Voltage regulator in the dash maybe?

Welcome.

Now I'm looking into a wiring issue... When ever I put a high current draw on the system (headlights fog lights blower motor while driving, my fuel gauge stops working until I turn off items... Namely the headlights which isn't good while night driving

When i reduce the load the coolant light blinks as if I just started the car... Voltage regulator in the dash maybe?

Possibly the 'X Relief' or 'Load Reduction' relay. From factory it was numbered '18' on the relay itself if I remember rightly. Could be a number of things really, best to start an elimination process. When you start the car, does the battery light go out ok? If so then your Voltage regulator (Located in the alternator) is likely OK.

Neil.

Battery light goes out yeah... Stopped at an auto parts store and they used their magic battery & alternator checker and said the regulator on the alternator is bad, though

Welcome, my g60 melted a piston after only one day of ownership if it makes you feel better.

Suppose it kinda does....

looks like my Bentley is missing some pages when it was bound... So I'll be asking questions around the forum that might be in those missing pages

Battery light goes out yeah... Stopped at an auto parts store and they used their magic battery & alternator checker and said the regulator on the alternator is bad, though

Strange...Theyre normally alright if they are still up to the job of knocking the battery light out. They are only held on with two phillips screws though, so you could pop it out and physically inspect the brushes, only cheap to replace anyway for piece of mind.