Mawrick

Is other motorists "checking out" the Corrado ?

Sometimes when I'm out "running around" with the Corrado I kinda have sense other motorists are somwewhat "checking out" the car - anything others experience ?.

Like the other day a Porsche 911 was closing in at a steady pace - having free room in his lane, but for some reason slowing down and stayed for a while at the rear of the Corrado, before setting off again...these things seem to happen from time to time - and I haven't noticed this when out and about with the Passat :)

Yep had it a few times. Last summer I had a very attractive erm... "mature" lady in a white A4 convertible pull alongside me on the M25 and give me a wave :)

This is true i get it a lot also. Like when waiting at traffic lights, other cars looking and pedestrians doing the same. Once i went down a dual carridge way and was in front of a lesser car a Aston Martin DB9, (which was tbh very nice), when we had to stop for the roundabout the lady in the DB9 was pointing at the spolier going down and smiling probalby saying why hav'nt we got one of those? to her bloke. :shrug: :smug::smug:

Edited by Ray1965

Never tire of people coming up to me and complimenting the Corrado. People definitely notice them, a blast from the past these days. A lot of people driving Supercars would have owned Corrados back in the day.

It's a world of difference the interaction on the road to when I am in the Boxster. Driving that most people seem to just resent you. The Corrado attracts love generally from car people, at worst benign indifference. Where I park the Porsche always expect to come back to it hideously vandalised, in the Corrado I expect to come back to a love letter offering to buy it, which has happened several times

This is the 80's and 90's cars beginning to take over the mantle from the 60's and 70's cars. Their enthusiasts are all pushing 60-70 year old and less interested in reliving the good old days. The man in the porsche was probably reminiscing about his younger corrado days and now yearns for another. Good for the car and it's value.

This is the 80's and 90's cars beginning to take over the mantle from the 60's and 70's cars. Their enthusiasts are all pushing 60-70 year old and less interested in reliving the good old days. The man in the porsche was probably reminiscing about his younger corrado days and now yearns for another. Good for the car and it's value.

You read that article too then! :lol:

I always like it when people come up to me and say "nice scirocco, I always wanted one of those"

You read that article too then! :lol:

Em i read something somewhere i'm sure. I've sold alot of classic cars over the years and seen the market decline. Tend to only run cars that increase in value now hence why i got a g60 this summer. Dont do depreciation anymore lol.

I agree with the above thoughts.

This was one of the things I decidedly noticed on my way back from buying my Corrado. As this was my first time (ever!) in a Corrado- it was a welcome and pleasant surprise.Oh, and the car was pretty good too!!

Marcus.