JAM11E

money to be made breaking a VR6?

As above..

what kind of money do people make breaking a VR6, it has major cooling issues which is going to cost a lot to repair so im considering doing the unthinkable....

How major can a cooling issue be, there's a radiator, a few hoses and a couple of pumps?

Be a shame to break a car if it's repairable.

I've broken 2 vr6 on parts, both with leather and few upgraded parts. Both made around £3k in parts.

To be honest breaking corrado due to cooling issue is very pointless. Its a easy fix. Whats wrong with it, any leaks ?? or is it head gasket gone ??

How major can a cooling issue be, there's a radiator, a few hoses and a couple of pumps?

Be a shame to break a car if it's repairable.

Exactly this ^^^^ there are way too many getting broken cause people think they are going to turn a quick buck I can tell you from the experience that is totally not the case. I recently broke an early 1.8 16v but it had serious rust issue's on the driver's side sill and it had sat for some time close to the coast underneath was not pretty. It was truly not economical to even contemplate repairing which was why I bought it to break plus I needed bit's for mine but the small amount of bit's I was trying to sell don't sell quick (if at all) so if you are thinking of breaking make sure you have the space to keep the parts for a while as stuff won't sell quick why because there is a glut of it due to people thinking they can make money from it. Tread carefully

Could make more than selling it but it's a shame to see them getting broken down , I was tempted to break mine to make more money but I would rather it go to someone who will love driving it and look after it .

Edited by dragon

Even if I know I can make more breaking than selling, I would still rather take a hit and sell to an enthusiast restorer than a chancer or three. A couple of my. Old cars are now looking rather lovely and I'm glad I. Didn't take the quick bucks!

I'd feel guilty breaking mine, you see a lot being broken, always a shame.

All the condition 2 and three cars will be gone one day.

The more that get broken the rarer they become, prices then rise. Just sayin'.:p

Exactly!

Break up the less presentable / uncared for ones for the greater cause!

As VW seem set on obsoleting Corrados off the road, it may be the only option in the next 5-10 years.