Dan7690

Boot popper/spring

Anyone know where I can't get the popper/ spring thing that pops the tailgate up?? I've looked for ages and can't find one anywhere!!!???

Thanks

Would be a good start. Just assumed as I couldn't find them anywhere on the net it would be tricky to get hold of!

I bought one around a year ago from VW. Was cheap too. It's sometimes surprising what obscure parts they still sell, yet let other more obvious items go obsolete.

Spring loaded rubber bump stops from the new Scirocco ............ part number 1K8 827 761D ............... £3.78 + vat from VW

I've used them in the past just to pop the tailgate away from the latch when the rear handle has been removed and a solenoid boot release fitted.

They also come on the current shape Seat Leon.

Edited by leon263

Fixed mine today, the flange had snapped off, doesn't look oem but I don't care!! I cut down a 15mm brass water pipe fitting, having checked clearance with blu-tac(!) and screwed it on with some Araldite Steel epoxy. I added a pond liner rubber gasket under the brass nut, seems to work a treat! 

DSC_1985.JPG

DSC_1982.JPG

DSC_1977.JPG

DSC_1976.JPG

VW Classic Parts still have the boot popper and the rubber bump top - got some last year. They don't have the square plastic nut though, you'd need to use your old one if possible - but the usual break point is where the plastic lip is attached to the plunger - once that snaps the plunger won't stay put.