g60lig

M405TMJ Happy to have a corrado again

Hi there my name is pete from manchester and I am very happy to be the owner of a corrado again.

I first had 1.8 16v in metallic blue about 16 years ago and kept it for about 8 years,

I made a silly mistake selling it to buy a mk3 golf gti that was for sale at the vw dealer where

my dad worked at as workshop manager.

I only had this for about 6 months when I spotted a dark bugandy G60 with grey leather and the golf was gone in a flash.

I kept this for about 5 years and still think it was my best car to date (and ive owned quite a few) it had looks and performance

and only sold it because it let me down quite a lot in the end.

I went a few years with out a corrado mainly because my other half wanted newer things.

Anyway last year I managed to talk her in to letting me have another as a second car (still had the bug for one)

and I bought a 1995 satin silver 2.0 16v of ebay with tons of history , but the body

had to far gone for me on closer inspection and I moved it on.

So the search was on, I was after a late car with a good solid body main priority ,I was not even bothered what type

of engine or box as long as it was good .

This is when I bought M405TMJ flash red 2.0 8v auto about 3 weeks ago full history 82000 miles and a solid body, lucky

for me I could check this one over properly as it was only 10 miles away from me.

It still needed work brakes juddered badly and the temp gauge did not work both problems sorted now.

The car is going for a blow over in a couple of weeks because even though it is rot free it has had a light nock on the rear

panel at sometime and the paint needs a refresh.

I have just bought some mint borbet style alloys for it and they will be going on once resprayed along with the momo steering

wheel I kept of my G60 and I will see where it goes from there.

Pete

Edited by g60lig

Thanks guys, wow mickey yes I would have thought the same not a lot difference in them at all.

Did you get the doors and bonnet home without damage?