TanVr6

New family daily car? Superb or A6

Hi guys

Just looking to part ex in my daily

It's between a 2010 Audi A6 S line Avant 2.0 TDI automatic or 2011 Skoda Superb Elegance 2.0 TDI automatic

The Audi has more miles and are between 14k - 18k

The Skoda has less than 60k miles and between 13k - 15k

Any experiences would be very helpful!!!

I run a 07 Passat 2.0TDi estate for the other half. The handbrake 'button' drives me to distraction whenever I drive the car. If I were looking to replace it I'd go for the Skoda which has a normal handbrake.

Better value too, for what is pretty much the same car under the skin.

Neil

94 Flash Red 16v

Having owned an Octavia, and driven a modern Superb recently, I'd highly recommend a Skoda - it does seem, incredibly, that people are still snobbish about the badge, but honestly if you drive one you'll see how good they are. Well worth a look!

My partner has an A6 as our family car and can't fault it (Well maybe I could complain about my hate for electronic handbrakes but that personal preference)

The A6 S-line should come standard with Sat Nav. The cost of ownership will obviously be higher as the wheels will be bigger (Tyres), probably a heavier car, (Economy, Tax and Insurance) but my advice is go with your heart not head because after all you must be a passionate person because you already own a Corrado ; )

The last words of advise were given to me at the Porsche dealership a few years back when I walked in to buy a new Cayman (Red) and the sales man asked me "Why are you buying it?" and I responded "Because I've always wanted a 911", he said "well don't by a Cayman because you will always want a 911". I walked out empty handed and still want a 911!

Just did a similar exercise for my dad - ended up with the 2.0tdi passat as a compromise between the A6 and one of the two Skodas.....

I asked about B6 Passat recently and was warned away from them. E-handbrake and a lot of model specific issues. Every model is going to have its bad points but the guy that wroked on them was adamant to aviod. I suppose he is only ever going to see them when needing fixed mind you.

Im kind of looking at changing the 3 series for something bigger and looking at all these at the moment. E61 5 series is another one to add to the mix.

Value for money and space/practicality goes to Skoda Octavia, driving pleasure/looks is E61, bargin is Passat and Audi does all but doesnt stand out for any one reason to me Im afraid.

Been driving both and to be honest they are very similar cars. I would just go for Audi as they look better for me, especially interior.

my dad has recently bought a 2L TDI A6 Avant S line (but a manual), lovely car and no diss-ing the alternatives but it has by far the best build quality and some very nice touches, they are a little over-priced IMO but I'd go for the Audi every time

Audis do feel very nice. My brother has a A6 2l Tdi estate as well. Interior is nicest out the lot but he has had problems with it as well.

I suppose you have to look at it against what it will be worth if or when you come to sell. Audi will cost more but you would expect to loose no more, probably less than the others so in real terms its probably the best financial decision. Would have to be the 3l Tdi though.

Superb has 4x4 and costs 3,500 less than A6 which is older and non Quattro with same engine???

Superb has 4x4 and costs 3,500 less than A6 which is older and non Quattro with same engine???

do you need 4x4? just a liability for most people.

and the skoda is a skoda, and it's not all about the badge, VAG keep a pretty tight grip on the features and materials across it's marques and it does make a difference, if I was buying for the long term I know I'd want the audi, I'd just rather be in that interior and seeing that exterior, a mondeo is probably a better car than both but would you want one of them?

Bought The Skoda Superb in the end, L&K 2.0 TDI DSG...

One word.....

SUPERB!!!

About 5k less than the Audi with more extras and better n smoother drive than the same price ranged Audi.

As the A6 has the multitronic gearbox.

Highly recommend a superb over the VW or Audi, drove approx. 4/5 different cars before driving the Skoda n purchasing it on the same day as was too much of a good deal!!!