Sign in to follow this  
craigbeal

What does the R stand for

Off the subject, but I was kinda surprised to see that my dad's new Mondeo (company car) - just the 1.8 Ghia model, nothing special - comes with a STRUT BRACE on the front suspension!!

Off the subject, but I was kinda surprised to see that my dad's new Mondeo (company car) - just the 1.8 Ghia model, nothing special - comes with a STRUT BRACE on the front suspension!!

Under-bonnet bling... they'll be putting 6 exhausts on them next :D

No, it wasn't just bling, it was all black, and felt pretty strong. It was clearly functional, rather than showy...

, it was all black, and felt pretty strong. It was clearly functional, rather than showy...

Plastic body shell perhaps??

:lol: Gavin

Row motor or 'inline' V is what it means.......

That amused me the first time I saw that a while ago - "Inline V" - bit of a misnomer as the pots can't be inline and in a V.

However I do realise that what they mean by that is the flow of fuel goes across all cylinders the same way, as per inline donks and unlike the 'drop it in the top, push it out the sides' for the usual V configuration.

those germans are just crazy. man.

what i found interesting about the VR6 engine is all the inlet ports are on one side and all the exhaust ports are on the other, on a common cylinder head.

so the port length must be different, so wouldnt the flow to and from 3 of the cylinders be different to the other 3 :?:

does anyone know what i mean :?

You are correct, the schrick inlet has different length runners to compensate for this. Dunno about the exaust manifold though.

ah surpose this is why the schrick inlet manifolds a really good.

i wounder if you had an exhaust manifold with different length headers wheather much power gain would be made?

Thought I might mention that its spelt "Reihenmotor" with an 'N'. Sorry :oops: , couldn't help myself!!!

ta

:p

timo

ah surpose this is why the schrick inlet manifolds a really good.

This is also why the schrick makes the engine sound more like a straight six, than the slightly rough off-tempo roar that it made with the stock manifold (that characteristic "V" noise!).

what i found interesting about the VR6 engine is all the inlet ports are on one side and all the exhaust ports are on the other, on a common cylinder head.

so the port length must be different, so wouldnt the flow to and from 3 of the cylinders be different to the other 3 :?:

does anyone know what i mean :?

Yeah I hear you :lol:

It's called an asymetric head. Short inlet port = long exhaust port, long inlet port = short exhaust port and so on......

It all balances out but it's not the most efficient of engines.

The Schrick makes all 6 inlet ports the same length which has a profound affect on the torque output.