Corrado Pete

Newbie in Aberdeenshire with with 2.8 24V converted Storm

Hi all. New to Corrados since buying an ex PSI 24 valve converted Storm last year. The car (N7ORP) was converted by PSI for Rob Parry but has been through a few hands since then. Now faced with the problem that the car will not MoT on emissions and is showing fault codes from the two rear lambdas, the secondary air pump, and the evap solenoid.

As far as I can see there is no wiring for rear lambdas or SAP, so it looks like I will have to take a close look at the conversion wiring and see if we can wire in enough to keep the ECU happy.

Would be happy to hear from anyone as to the best exhaust and lambda setup. Currently it has two into one downpipes and single VR cat.

Must thank Graeme Coull (Coullstar) and a friend of his called Dave for their help and advice so far.

Welcome along, I don't want to put a damper on your lovely car, but psi conversions don't have a good reputation on here. Fingers crossed you work it out quickly!

Thanks Sean. The main thing I am not sure of is whether I can wire in two post cat lambdas and fit them in the same cat or if I will need to get twin downpipes and twin cats, or if there is a better plan.

Wiring them in isn't impossible and for it to be perfect you need 2 cats, most don't run post cat lambdas and some weld in 2 bungs after the single cat.

I'm personally going to have my 2 post cat lambdas after my single cat, but I've only had the car on the road a week and not got around to having the bungs welded in yet. The lambda probes are just connected and left in the engine bay in the fresh air to avoid fault codes.

Welcome to the forum :)

My post cat lambdas have been mapped out of the ECU, no fault codes.

I removed the secondary air pump, just have the solenoid plugged in but I'm still getting a fault code for that, not looked into it yet.

The evap solenoid is still wired up but not plumbed in, just going to hide it out of the way somewhere.

Lots of info in the 24v conversion thread

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=20610

Great info. I am currently waiting for a copy of ELSA WIN to come from ebay to see if I can dig out the correct diagrams.

If I can suss the wiring I will try the two lambdas in one pipe but judging by my current progress you may get there before me.

The secondary air pump seems to be a case of wiring in a relay base and fitting a relay so the ECU thinks it is operating the pump.

Hoping to get a look round the breakers at the weekend to see if I can get some wiring bits off some mk iv golfs.

Are the post cat lambdas four or five wire?

I had United Motorsport map out my sai stuff and it's removed entirely. Not had any faults yet with it. I'm just watching for my long term trim to confirm everything is OK. So far, so good.

Hi and welcome. I have a friend who is dealing with ecu's so if you need something removed from ecu map give me a shout and I will ask him if hes able to do it. BTW He's not gonna charge you typical silly money and his quiet handy with car wiring as well if that can help.

Now faced with the problem that the car will not MoT on emissions and is showing fault codes from the two rear lambdas, the secondary air pump, and the evap solenoid.

I left you some advice in the 24V thread about that, which you seem to have ignored. You're welcome.

I removed the secondary air pump, just have the solenoid plugged in but I'm still getting a fault code for that, not looked into it yet.

Relay 100 still needs to be connected otherwise the ECU will moan. That's the main drive relay for the pump. There are over 15 SAI maps in the R32 ECU and they all need disabling, but the physical connections still need to be 'seen' by the ECU.

Some items that aren't connected also cause the ECU to not give you any long term fuel trims, such as the Evap canister solenoid.

I left you some advice in the 24V thread about that, which you seem to have ignored. You're welcome.

Relay 100 still needs to be connected otherwise the ECU will moan. That's the main drive relay for the pump. There are over 15 SAI maps in the R32 ECU and they all need disabling, but the physical connections still need to be 'seen' by the ECU.

Some items that aren't connected also cause the ECU to not give you any long term fuel trims, such as the Evap canister solenoid.

Kevin. Sorry if I have missed your advice. Did not mean to ignore it but have not found it.

About to start installing ELSA to see if I can get the correct diagrams so I can see what is connected and what is not.

Lots of good info in the 24v thread.

Cheers, Kev, full of useful info as always :)

I do have a loose relay attached in the loom, will have to check to see what it is, if that isn't it what sort of problems will manifest? Will it just throw a code or actually effect the running of the engine?

I've still got the evap solenoid connected