Andy T

VR6 block-to-head oil seal/o-ring

Replacing the headgasket at the mo, the oil feed hole/check valve in the face of the block (back left corner) seems to have a white/grey o-ring fitted to seal it to the head, does anyone replace this o-ring when they do a gasket change?

It looks in okay condition, I don't know if they come included with the new gasket or not? I've ordered a Elring standard headgasket.

Thanks.

There's one in the timing chain cover but it's usually green. N90041102 if that helps, few pence from the dealers.

Nope, the new 3 layered gasket does away with that O ring, or if you stick with the older style gasket, it'll come with a new one or will be part of the gasket itself.

Going to check my head gasket set when i get home, its a victor reinz one, i did notice that o-ring when i took engine apart

I'm on my way home and will check this as well and update you guys. My Cylinder if has just returned from machining and needs installation on my VR6

Updates soon

Cheers