Miggs

Smooth engine bays

Think it's pointless and money straight down the drain. Belongs in "Max Power Magazine" and done by youths (or adults who are still youths) who wear those trousers which are falling down.

Sorry clumpy1, but I couldn't help myself :D

No worries mate :thumbleft:

It's a lot more rewarding making an original bay look good and and being actually to be able getting decent money for it. Put it this way, would you buy a car with an engine bay Sid McJakey smoothed and relocated everything?

Thought I'd chirp in with my opinion on it all. I love the look of a smoothed bay. If it's a show car and used as such, thumbs up from me. I would not however own a car with one. Whilst they're great to look at, the impracticality of them would be too much to bare. A lot of the enjoyment for me comes from the tinkering as much as the driving. If it's the smooth bay look you want, either of those will be met with huge challenges and would take away a lot of that enjoyment. If it's being trailered around or driven very infrequently, then I'm sure it'd be worth the hassle to those with the desire.

Yes not everybodies taste but they really do look easy to clean. Wish i had the skill and know how to do it .

Its a struggle for some of us to open the bonnet.lol where do they hide it all? Wish they were in my rado.

another one

smooth_zpsf3af1895.jpg

The only bit I don't like about that one is where the air filter is it's just too warm there but due to the fact it is there the engine bay look's very "balanced" same either side visible :thumbleft:

I'm not real a fan of cars that get altered to this degree , but I have to admit that looks nice and clean and clutter free .