coullstar

Ignition switch.....or is it?

Spoke to soon, went to the car this morning and alarm wouldnt dissable. I tried reprogramming the fob but didnt work. I now cant get in the car without the alarm going off, Im in a worse position than before and to make matters worse I moved it on the drive last night so I could drive it out first. Old cars eh!

Anyway alarms getting ripped out I think. Only thing I need to do is find out how to do this (i.e. only remove power line to alarm?) and first of all get it into it without alarm going off.

Well, if you're taking it out anyway, and given how much hassle it's given you, why not just un-mount the alarm siren from it's bracket and cut the cable.. then take to it with a hammer to shut it up if it starts wailing? ;)

Sometimes these sirens do have a key override to disable it - certainly one or two alarms I've had in the past have had such a thing. Don't know if yours does?

I think most decent alarms have a built in battery back up i know my old clifford did , so that if a thief trys cutting the cables to it it still makes a racket

I think most decent alarms have a built in battery back up i know my old clifford did , so that if a thief trys cutting the cables to it it still makes a racket

Indeed. Sometimes my alarm decides to go off when I pull the battery. So simply disconnecting the battery may not help :(

Just call an auto electrician :) Or hack the thing off and throw it in a bucket of water or something. Presumably you're never going to use it again anyway! :)

Its the alarm or fobs as they keep disconneting. It will be fine for a while then through a hissy fit and after going through the programming process a heap of times it works again.

Cars parked up and pretty much forgotten about for the moment as Ive got better things to think about.

When my alarm went off in the garage, with me stood over the engine, I was so p1ssed off I just cut through the siren loom and chucked it in the bin. That one didn't have a batter in it, otherwise it would have been the hammer as Jim suggested!

It's easy to remove an alarm. You will clearly see where the fitter has been and the wires are all one colour (black usually), so it's just a case of cutting all the alarm shat out and re-joining the original wires.