dubdean

I just came to say...

HELLO!

:)

Im from durham area, looking to buy either a 1.8 16v or a G60 in the next week or so. :dance:

Just as a matter of interest, is it worth splashing a bit extra and going for the G60? or holding a bit of cash and using it to clean up a 1.8 16v?

Thanks

Dean :cool:

Welcome to the forum! Truth be told, you'll always wish you had a G60 if you went for the 16v. A little disappointing in the performance area tbh. Problem you have there is, you'll probably need to bold a little back for things on the G60 too. Unless you have a healthy budget, you've got to bear in mind that as a 20 + year old car, it's gonna need things doing. Why not a VR6? Same money pretty much as a G60 but more choice and less outlay in the long or even short term too.

Welcome to the forum! Truth be told, you'll always wish you had a G60 if you went for the 16v. A little disappointing in the performance area tbh. Problem you have there is, you'll probably need to bold a little back for things on the G60 too. Unless you have a healthy budget, you've got to bear in mind that as a 20 + year old car, it's gonna need things doing. Why not a VR6? Same money pretty much as a G60 but more choice and less outlay in the long or even short term too.

Yeah i thought of this, its the fact of saying you own a G60 too.. pretty cool. Never looked into a VR6 but thats simply for insurance reasons.. im 22 with 3 points. They much different to insure than a G60? i was quoted £750 for one of them.

The Corrado's, even the modest 1.8 16v, are fairly high insurance grouping and are only a few groups apart from each other - so the G60 wouldn't be massively different from the G60 to insure.

I'd honestly look to start with a 1.8 16v and go from there, depending on how 'hands on' you are with fixing cars. The 1.8 16v is a pretty basic engine so should be the least painful route into Corrado ownership ;)

Welcome to the forum, i'm only over near middlesbrough!

Definitely look into a VR before you make a final decision ;)

Ahhh i northern friend!! haha. Yeah id love one but just gauging interest with insurance there and both confused.com and go compare couldnt find me anyone to even provide a quote let alone give me a ridiculous price. My friend has a GTR and suggested Adrian Flux as he had a similar problem (Obviously a big difference in cars but still might be worth a try?)but they sorted him out and hes paying an excellent price for that!

Welcome along . Good luck with whatever you buy . Always plenty of help and info on here when you need it . There are quite a few modified car insurers , forget the every day ones unless you are of a certain age !

As above, and if it's not a daily driver you can get a limited mileage classic policy too. Have a look in the insurance section for a list of a few of the regular insurance and brokerage firms that most tend to use.

Cheers guys! I think im going to go ahead with the G60! nobody ever said owning a 20 year old car was going to be easy! lol.

What are the G60's like for power as such? Im aware they are about 160bhp but what does it feel like?

Plus Does anyone know if my porsche D90's will fit straight on?

I've had my G60 since January and despite some initial major mechanical failure (melted piston due to split injector wiring loom) it's been spot on since i fixed it and done 5000 pretty much trouble free miles since. Performance wise its a lot of fun and doesn't need to be ragged to be enjoyed. Good low down torque and not too bad on fuel either considering. Try and get one with as much verifiable history as possible. Also look out for rust in the sills and along the top of the windscreen frame but generally the're not too bad for corrosion. D90's will require adapters to fit ( 4 x 100 to 5 x 130 stud pattern I believe.

I'm with brentacre at the moment, need to ring around myself for some quotes as mine expires next week!

The D90's will need adapters mate, G60's are 4x100.