robrado974

Car parts that arrive in a mess

I'm just venting my spleen here .

Why do people send parts in a s@;t order ????!!!!

I ordered a set of oem vag 16" wheels for my t4 as I cannot afford to run the 18s anymore . This was on ebay and nothing what so ever to do with any members on here .I could not believe that state they arrived in . I knew they needed new tyres , kwik fit had to wire brush and clean them so they could fit the tyres . Why can't people send stuff in a reasonable state ? All they had to do was wash the the wheels , I didn't expect pristeen condition , they are second hand but for f??k sake a little clean would not go a miss . Me and Matt broke a valver a few years back , every part was cleaned , so it arrived in good clean condition . Perhaps it's me ? , it's been a tough week .

No its not just you , i bought a second hand rear light lense so i could spray them all read and it arrived with a chip in it and a crack , the item was described as perfect with no chips or cracks !! So i complained and another was sent this arrived last week and with a crack in the black plastic ! Not the lense this time , iv given up now and bought one of purple tom off here so hopefully it will arive soon

Same happened to,me with a set of rear lights, although it could have, and probably was the courier. Had a note through the letter box to say that the package was in the back garden. He'd thrown them over the 7 foot wall to get them in there though! I also had a replacement second hand sump sent to me, with a shed load of oil still in it! It was leaking out the packaging and everything! I agree though Rob, I always make the effort to at a minimum, wipe things down before I sell them. It beggars belief what standards some will allow to be seen selling. :rolleyes:

And me too again with light's really annoying :bad-words: I alway's wrap anything I have sold as best as possible. It is definitely not just you Rob

I recently bought a bonnet cable off ebay for the rad and once in place it was 2 inches too short. They must have cut it instead of unscrewing the wee grub bolt. Luckily i used a bit of my old cable and joined it on the end using them copper tubes BT used for joining over head phone cables back in 70's. Oldman used to work for them. Works a treat now but still, people should always take care removing and shipping parts sold on ebay. Also bear in mind anything bought with 'buy it now' on the bay can be returned regardless of a lack of returns policy within a certain time limit.

Bit of a rant lol , it is annoying though , they wont be getting good feedback from me , i forgot to mention that the first wheel i put on , i was thinking they look pretty good on the van , i then let the trolly jack down and found the tyre was flat !

LOL nice one Rog...Yes totally agree with this thread. You see something you wanna buy read the description and email, phone and do everything what you think is right before you buy it then the item or items arrive either covered in 20 years of cr*p, broke or totally useless.

I had a experience with wanting a new rubber gear lever gearbox tunnel whotsit for a MX5 as mine was totally froo-barbed. Asked the seller off a Mazda forum numerous questions, condition etc as you do, paid for it and when it arrived it was in a worse state than mine, split and perished. I could not believe someone could even sell in such a state let alone charge good money for it.

I was totally gob smacked !! :bonk: :scratch:

Edited by Ray1965