ChrisL

Tidy VR6 on Ebay

I warn any enthusiast of German cars to stay well away from their website - they list so many unbelievably awesome cars! :) I've lusted after a lot of stuff they've had up for sale.

(their website is here if you want a drool: http://www.4starclassics.com/cars/)

I watch that site quite often and am fairly sure that's the first time they have had a Corrado on there. Which is a good indication that they are becoming more collectable.

They had a dealer overhauled E39 M5 on there a month or so back. It'd been basically completely refurbished by a BMW master tech at a dealers in Birmingham, and the bill was something like 20k, and it was only up for sale at like 13k. God I was so tempted. It was stunning.

Shame about the poor attempt of a repair (if it is one?) on the side of the centre console by the glovebox.

Agree with Jim though, they have some awesome cars on there and am loving the Alpina B10's.

Ian.

There's obviously an inverse mathematical equation between mileage and price in regards to how they value cars. A Mk1 Golf GTi with 16k miles is advertised for £25k. A 993 turbo with 31k miles is priced at £100k whereas one with 42k miles is priced at £90k. For the Porsche's it looks like a case of every 1k driven means £1k less in price.

Shame about the poor attempt of a repair (if it is one?) on the side of the centre console by the glovebox.

Agree with Jim though, they have some awesome cars on there and am loving the Alpina B10's.

Ian.

It looks to be holes left from a hands free kit or similar for a mobile phone :( Not much they can do about it I guess but you're right - you'd think they'd try repair it!

Is the big bunch of relays in front of the fan controller module in the engine bay related to the air conditioning?

There's obviously an inverse mathematical equation between mileage and price in regards to how they value cars. A Mk1 Golf GTi with 16k miles is advertised for £25k. A 993 turbo with 31k miles is priced at £100k whereas one with 42k miles is priced at £90k. For the Porsche's it looks like a case of every 1k driven means £1k less in price.

Porsche pricing seems to be insane at the moment. There's a lot of speculators jumping on the bandwagon with certain models at the moment - like GT3's, etc etc.

ChrisL ,are you trying to tempt me back to the Corrado scene ?!!?

That's the second great looking C, after the red G60 that you brought to our attention recently.Love Sherry Pearl.

ChrisL ,are you trying to tempt me back to the Corrado scene ?!!?

That's the second great looking C, after the red G60 that you brought to our attention recently.Love Sherry Pearl.

Have you been looking Daren? ;)

Hi James , mmm thinking about it.The m3 has been off the road for the last 2 weeks with a Vanos fault,good job its getting sorted under warranty but it's taking time to sort. It's an awesome car, but i do miss the relative simplicity of the C and the rarity, once it's fixed i could be all happy again,but on a bit of a downer at the mo :(

Totally understandable mate Car's drive us nut's when they are not right but when they are right :dance: Good your issue's are being sorted under warranty the Vanos is something that is a bit of an a Achilles heel on these from what I can gather I'm sure it will be right :thumbleft:

Shame about the m3 Daren, hope your not having regrets on selling your VR.

Hi Chris, don't regret selling the car, but do miss owning it if that make's sense ?!

I warn any enthusiast of German cars to stay well away from their website - they list so many unbelievably awesome cars! :) I've lusted after a lot of stuff they've had up for sale.

E30 M3……Golf Rallye………Alpina B10……!!!! Can you remortgage your house this late at night???!!!!

Tell me about it :) Alpina B10 is a seriously tempting motor! :)

Got the moola buy it Jim you will not lose money on it

Alway's the case Jim after you seem to have spent an awful amount on something a little lacking the good stuff pop's up :bonk::bonk: