robrado974

Car cover advice please

I'm getting a little worried about the car with winter approaching . I have a breathable cover , will it do any damage to leave it on ? . They still trap moisture . I only have a drive to out the car on now . With winter looming , next doors trees will be covering my car in crap . I think I read somewhere it's best to use a good wax and let the car breath and the water to drain off . I can't be doing with hoovering the scuttle everyday to remove twigs , leaves and stuff . Any pointers ?

Rob

I have recently bought a "Stormsheild" its not trapping any moisture i paid quite a bit for it but its doing a great job of protecting my corrado. Most car cover companys recommend you remove the cover once a week to "check the car" probably to let the body work have air blowing over it for a while . I wouldn't worry about it mate having the cover on has got to beat all that tree sap all over the bodywork.

Get one with a soft lining, put a large container of rice in (change regularly) or those little silicon bags inside.

Also get one that can be tied to the car or is tight at the bottom as the wind gets under the and blows them off the car.

I used to have a breathable cover on a car I owned, it eventually made the paint bubble due to moisture.

Since I moved earlier this year the Corrado has lived in an outdoor Carcoon, its an inflatable bubble, so far so good despite so strong winds etc.

Not cheap and they take around 4 weeks to manufacture.

Thanks for the feed back . I will remove the cover today . It is a breathable one , but from what's been said it won't do the car much good . It's got ties underneath it so the wind does blow up it so it's getting air in there.

evening, I'm looking for a cover. Are the halfords ones much good?

I've got a halfords all season in medium... Fits the rado like a glove. Has straps that go underneath. Very pleased with it but can't comment on durability for outside use.. My rado is kept in the garage.

evening, I'm looking for a cover. Are the halfords ones much good?

Hi, I got the cheaper halfords one which was no good moisture got in between an just sat on the car, I now have the all seasons one as we'll mind you mines a bit tight think I got mine a bit to small, but no complaints so far been on a couple of months in the rain and wind but I do put my cheaper one over the top just to stop all the bird crap getting on the better one as I keep it under tree's

how much we looking for a better one than halfords? I've seen a few online, I'm looking for a good one tbh as I just had it resprayed

My stormforce cover has been brilliant so far about 4 months old. Oh and by the way kempy a lot of companies recommend you don't put a cover on a car that has recently been resprayed, apparently your supposed to give it a few months to let the paint 100% bond to the bodywork

Thats the website i got mine from mate, there's a link on that website somewhere for custom made covers then basically you select vw corrado obviously and hit the order link. Think mine took about 3 days to be delivered it also states the cover is guaranteed never to go moldy and true to there word mine hasn't.

mines garaged but i have had a look at the indoor covers and someone on here suggested classic additions they look good...

question regarding the bubble/cocoon things......if you go out for a drive and its wet/or it rains/or gets dirty.. i presume you have to wash it ect before it goes back into the cocoon??

or is it just a case of never driving it in bad weather