Mr_Rossy

Brand new chrome rear badge - SOLD

Brand new chrome rear badge

I have a brand new genuine unused chrome badge for Corrado's part no. 357 853 601 & 357 853 601B.

Price is 40 in the packaging and delivered to UK address.

Thanks Matt

List Date: 9/26/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Brand new chrome rear badge

--------------------------------------

SOLD

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

98d77364-1174-42f4-b49e-52bad3ae14342.jpg

811e613c-2085-46a9-8d3f-c265838c5ac42.jpg

Mobile friendly version: Brand new chrome rear badge

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Hey fella sorry to mess you around, the pic would not show on first viewing and I thought you were selling a Corrado rear script. So this will be an oops! I will have to keep searching.

I don't understand why we cannot get Trimsport or the likes to reproduce the Corrado rear badges. I'm sure they'd easily shift a decent amount of units. They have the contacts / companies who know who to remake these badges. Hell, if I could find a company that could do it, I'd happily organise another group buy to get it done.

I don't understand why we cannot get Trimsport or the likes to reproduce the Corrado rear badges. I'm sure they'd easily shift a decent amount of units. They have the contacts / companies who know who to remake these badges. Hell, if I could find a company that could do it, I'd happily organise another group buy to get it done.

i agree Jim & especially seeing as how much the badges have been fetching lately

I've been looking Into the Corrado badges myself, out of interest what quantities do you think could be wanted in a group buy?

I looked into doing this a while back . I sourced a company to make them and found a company who does brushed chrome . Here lies the problem it's very expensive ! If they were block chrome it's no problem and not that expensive . Brush chroming machines are very few and far between now and only a select few have them in their place of work . It also becomes more expensive to have the tabs on the rear of the badge to fix them to the car . From the impression I got when the thread went up , a stick on badge was a no no .

I think it was the tabs that put Trimsport off too iirc.

I'd be interested in one without tabs though. No tabs is better than a grotty looking 'original' script.

Although mine is colour coded , being an early VR , it is stuck on as I had the holes filled . If the raw plug type pegs were left in and the badge was stuck on would water be able to trickle in ?

I was actually thinking of a badge restoration rather then making a new badge, maybe on an exchange basis.

If i can get someone to do the silver work on an existing badge.

Oooh, even better. I have the original one thats very worn. I bought a decent used one from Cazza iirc a few months ago that's on at the moment (well back off for paint anyway), but refurb would be ideal.

Thing is the original badges are still available from VW but just in primer. So we just need them having the brushed silver / chrome finish applying to them.

The ones on ebay in primer are a silver / grey colour, I think the base colour needs to be black.

If the badges are hot foiled and not painted then I suspect they cannot have paint on them.

I also had a feeling looking at them that there's a more defined lip / layer for the badges that are either chrome or have a read finish, whereas the primer ones are more rounded...?

Not sure on that one, I'll have a look. I reckon it will definately need to be a refurb job.

think I'll look for a spare badge to work with.

Well my initial "oops" at the start of this thread certainly grew into something really rather beautiful :-). So, as I said earlier I'm needing a nice shiny "Corrado" script in brushed chrome and you guys seem to be getting this moving along nicely. Can I add my name to the list of interested folks and await instruction as to how we progress towards the objective.