Temmsy

Top tip

Good day all, finally chased the problem on my car today, it ended up been an ignition switch and all I will say to people is if you have no patience like myself, find a suitable garage to carry it out as wow is that a nightmare to do, who would have thought one little screw could be such a bugger

It was very temprimental with starting sometimes it would start of the first time of a key, other times I could be sat there for 5 mins trying, my initial thought was the starter motor but after turning the key and no start I thought I would attempt to turn it again but this time forcing it further round and hey presto

Haha, I just smashed the old one to bits when I did mine. Couldn't get the screw back in either so I had to cable tie it in place. :thumbleft:

Ha ha I had to use a long thing screwdriver and a hammer to knock the screw in and out, cable tie is a good idea

It was very temprimental with starting sometimes it would start of the first time of a key, other times I could be sat there for 5 mins trying, my initial thought was the starter motor but after turning the key and no start I thought I would attempt to turn it again but this time forcing it further round and hey presto

Fair does, you'd think it would be a simple job! I had an E36 Beemer years back with a similar failure, although the first I knew was turned the engine off at the petrol pumps, took the key out, started filling up and realised the engine was still running!! Lol