TomBarker1991

Tom's 90' Rado

Hehe, not surprised really, they were an absolute bargain! Been after some nice brakes for ages but didn't know how to pm on Instagram!

Nice progress though, do love watching some diy progress

Hehe, not surprised really, they were an absolute bargain! Been after some nice brakes for ages but didn't know how to pm on Instagram!

Nice progress though, do love watching some diy progress

I kept looking for G60's but then these came up....It's the first real project I have had and it's got a little bit out of hand but it's all good now I'm starting to build stuff back up hopefully have some bigger updates soon!

You know g60 brakes are exactly the same on mk3 golf gti's/early vr6's (with 280mm discs obviously) and corrado vr6's. I got a full set for 15 quid a while ago from scrapyard, in fact if yours don't fit I'd be happy to get a set for you to sweeten the deal hehe.

tom nice thread keep up the good work, where about are you looking or following on insta to buy stuff?

You know g60 brakes are exactly the same on mk3 golf gti's/early vr6's (with 280mm discs obviously) and corrado vr6's. I got a full set for 15 quid a while ago from scrapyard, in fact if yours don't fit I'd be happy to get a set for you to sweeten the deal hehe.

Yeah it's just the Girling 54 Calipers and 280mm carriers did actually buy a set this morning funnily enough haha

tom nice thread keep up the good work, where about are you looking or following on insta to buy stuff?

There is a guy called rallye20VT who is selling a few bits at the minute and he is really good to deal with but other than that just keep trawling the classifieds on here and a couple of other VAG forums

After being ill as hell for the past 4 days finally managed to drag myself out of bed and get a bit more done. Got the block cleaned off ready for paint and gave it 4-5 coats of compound black

16030060657_8b5a2337b7.jpg

16030050597_cc9ee39867.jpg

it will do for now until next time it comes apart and I'm planning on a bare block rebuild where ill get it blasted back

Also made a start on cleaning up a few of the brackets and rocker cover was pretty set on keeping them black to hide them against the block but quite surprised how well they are coming up!

16028368228_0eae661c3e.jpg

16190002506_12c01ff21d.jpg

Had planned on welding up the remaining gaps in the bay but the MIG welder stopped working and i couldn't get any depth in the welds so nothing would hold so bay will have to hold off a while longer :(

Been a while since I have updated this but been busy trying to get it ready for its move to a new home in a few weeks time.

The engine setup is 90% there just need to get a timing belt and bits sorted and start to throw the few remaining bits back on, but picked up a nice crackle black smoothed rocker and intake manifold for a reasonable price which had saved me a lot of time and work!

When the illusive pay day comes I will be sending my wiring looms off to Vagtronic to be spliced and extended and hopefully in the next week will be laying some paint down in the bay and getting the gearbox cleaned and finished off.

16448958386_150872fc3c.jpg

15854863823_c916c34a66.jpg

16474005672_5bdd938269.jpg

16474958305_d0b36bff3d.jpg

Still debating whether I should have painted my cylinder head but by the time everything has been bolted back in and sat back in the bay not sure how much of it will be visible, also awaiting on my intercooler setup and mocal oil cooler to turn up

Time to ressurect this thread, after far too long sat in storage for multiple reasons I have finally got my backside in gear and dragged it back out to get cracking with it!

It has had a fair few changes since the last post, after getting sick of trying to find a decent replacement sunroof and roof trims I decided to smooth the roof over (yes there is a lot of filler on there currently but I went OTT over the metal plate and fibreglass should hopefully end up with the bare minimum on there) and crack on finishing the smoothing off the engine bay!

Over the next couple of weeks I will be knocking up a roll over jig to get the sills and rear inner arches sorted as well as a dose of UPOL raptor on the underside to keep it solid for many years to come...

The problem I am facing now is what to do engine and drivetrain wise I had originally built up an AGU 20V to throw in but having seen quite a few done now Im really wanting to do something different so if anyone has any out there ideas throw them my way!

Anyway here is a couple of pictures of how it is sitting at the minute

33702373386_f5eb4895cc_c.jpg[/url]

32900092694_89ed546f58_c.jpg

Nothing to update on the corrado as I have been on shift at work but thought id share a couple of the reasons as to why progress has been non existent recently!

29648580964_40d5a0b53a_c.jpg

My bagged Mercedes 190D which ended up being my daily driver and smashing out 15k in about 6 months of ownership before I sold it to fund yet another project....

33587405732_5cfa619b1b_c.jpg

Shortly followed by this little number after realising it was better off as a parts truck

33703177466_d21c19bd5b_c.jpg

Hoping the corrado and caddy will be ready for paint by the end of summer finances allowing ready to roll out for 2018 if I can ever make my mind up on what engines to drop in them! :thumbleft:

Well bit more time off work and a little bit more done on the rado!

Mainly sanding back filler hitting it with primer then sanding back again, but took the plunge today and got the inner wing ends replaced, not the prettiest at the minute but solid and should tidy up really well hopefully so I can start getting it somewhere near ready for paint in the engine bay

*standard quick update picure*

33906044951_2d412c2a67_c.jpg[rl]