Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

elec window and mirror switches

hi chaps im having trouble converting my 90 corrado interior to the later type interior(with the elec win switches in the front speaker pods instead of on door panel) the old switches have a total of ten wires coming off,the new switches have only six? whats that black box behind the driver seat rear door panel? help!!

Believe it or not I'm doing the exact opposite - Installing a Recaro interior out of a '94 Corrado. Switches are now in the door cards rather than in front of the speaker pods. I have noticed that the plugs/switches are different but I hadn't twigged that there are more wires with this style.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Believe it or not I'm doing the exact opposite - Installing a Recaro interior out of a '94 Corrado. Switches are now in the door cards rather than in front of the speaker pods. I have noticed that the plugs/switches are different but I hadn't twigged that there are more wires with this style.

Can anyone shed light on this?

So if it's from a '94, how come the switches are in the door card rather than the speaker pod?

Yeah it confused me too. All I can say is that the cards did come out of a 94 car and were (I'm pretty sure) orginal. I guess is that whereas the normal Corrado leather interior got a face lift which involved moving the window switches, etc. the Recaro interior remained unchanged.

Yeah it confused me too. All I can say is that the cards did come out of a 94 car and were (I'm pretty sure) orginal. I guess is that whereas the normal Corrado leather interior got a face lift which involved moving the window switches, etc. the Recaro interior remained unchanged.

a bit doubtful as pau1's 93K-plate vr6 has the recaro leather interior and all the 93 model facelift features......rotary heaters,window switches above speakers etc...........

sounds to me like the 94 Corrado that supplied your interior had the earlier interior retro-fitted............or it could have been an late-registered early vr6

sounds to me like the 94 Corrado that supplied your interior had the earlier interior retro-fitted............or it could have been an late-registered early vr6

I would say the latter because this donor car was completely original including speedlines, etc.