carrots

early focus st3 thoughts on them

My cousin has one (56 plate I think). I did consider one before getting the my mk5 golf. St 3 only 2 seats in the back in nice recaro leather but for me with kids it was no use. The st and st2 have 3 back seats but the interiors are horrid. My cousins has a map, inter cooler and exhaust and goes very well. Nice level of performance to be honest if a bit thirsty.

my mates got a 2008 st3 mapped,intercooler and exhaust he reckons gets 30mpg around town.i love the leather in the st3,not bothered about rear seats.

I car share with a lad with a 60 plate 5 cylinder, Ford motune mapped with exhaust and Bilstein suspension, it goes and handles very well without crashing and banging on our poor roads, night and day better than his previous standard type R on the same roads IMO

60 plate would be very nice but its well out of my price range,i still love the corrado but think a bit of comfort and not thinking what jobs next would be nice.just jump in and wash and polish it

Hammered one around Castle Combe a few years ago on a lotus track day, surprisingly good.

Not bad cars if you like wearing Burberry, don't forget to get a dog guard, don't want to get staffie dog hairs on the seats do you...lol

Bonus extra fact.... You can get one full and 2 half sovereign rings in the ash tray...

Rog.

my mates got a 2008 st3 mapped,intercooler and exhaust he reckons gets 30mpg around town.i love the leather in the st3,not bothered about rear seats.

Hmmmm, I really do doubt that. Standard MK5 GTIs average 33ish mpg with it's 500cc smaller engine and direct injection. That old Volvo lump (and it is old by modern standards) likes a drink. There are always tonnes of STs for sale where I live, mainly because of their big thirst. You don't buy a car like that for economy anyway! Nothing really wrong with STs but I've never been drawn to them for some reason.

I looked into them a while back, when I ended up buying an Octavia VRS and read they'd struggle to best high 20's even on a steady run - which honestly did put me off a bit.

Late 20s to mid 30s is the best you can expect from any modern hot hatch, regardless of make and spec, when driven normally.

All these horseschit 40mpg claims for a MK7 GTI are just that.